Can you sell an eBay ID? I thought it was the property of eBay

I came across a listing that is selling eBay Powerseller & Top Rated Seller Account

It clearly states that no business comes with it, just the ID

Does anyone here know if that is allowed now?

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

I cannot see it anymore 🙂

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 11 of 25
Latest reply

Good... I was worried that a newbie might think it was a good idea, but the more I thought about it the more dangers I could think of buying somebody elses ID

Message 12 of 25
Latest reply

It is possible for an id to be transferred from one name to another but it is only when it is a business account and a staff member is the nominee account holder, ebay will transfer the id to another employee of the same business.

I know of no other circumstance where an id can be sold, given away or transferred to another person.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 13 of 25
Latest reply

A high volume PS died a year or so ago and eBay allowed his son to keep operating the ID. Volumes are down, but he still manages to keep TRS.

That's the only one I know of.

Message 14 of 25
Latest reply

Last year they did allow the son of a well known bookseller to inherit his fathers ID etc.

So they do allow it in some circumstances.

Barrie

Message 15 of 25
Latest reply

If the ID is operating as a business and the business is being sold I can understand wanting to transfer the ID because there would be a newsletter subscription / my favourites etc to go with it (plus feedback).  A son might want to carry on the family business.

However some years back a business sold along with the ID.  Under new management the seller started listing lots and lots of pre-sales and this was before the time limit was placed.  It was nearly a month and something like half a million dollars in sales before the red dots started pouring in.  The seller disappeared with the money. PayPal refunded those who paid by PayPal.  I believe eBay ended up reimbursing some buyers as a good will gesture.

I know anyone could suddenly turn a thriving legit bussiness into a fraudulent one (if they are prepared to leave the country) with their own account, but to purchase someone elses feedback is not exactly an honest way to start a business.  I'm glad it is not something we can just sign over without their permission.

Message 16 of 25
Latest reply

The seller Barrie and I are referring to negotiated the deal with eBay. I don't know what hoops he had to jump through.

Message 17 of 25
Latest reply

chuk_77
Community Member

it did happen fairly quick if I remember rightly.

His dad is still missed on CS:-(

Message 18 of 25
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

Both of their completed listings and one current listing is still up.

. I was worried that a newbie might think it was a good idea, but the more I thought about it the more dangers I could think of buying somebody elses ID

There is a multitude of reasons why they where reported and the least reason was because it's against policy.

It's the weekend so it might not  be acted upon till Monday.

Message 19 of 25
Latest reply

I just finished chatting with ebay, and they advised that one can sell an ebay store/business providing all personal details, bank, PayPal etc is changed to new owner.

An ordinary account is still non tranferable unless ebay approve under special circumstances.

image host
Message 20 of 25
Latest reply