Ebay cancelling your listing

fizza7
Community Member

Just wondering if anyone else is having trouble with Ebays double standards atm..I tried selling a set of wheels which are For a Ford modle XA,XB,XC,XD, XE and was told by Ebay that i cannot advertise the modle of the cars they are suited to in my heading as it violates there policy..yet when i look at 90% of other listings they all do this..Ebay cancelled my listing and sent me a violation notice because i advertised my item correctly..Is anyone else experiencing this outrageous action from Ebay??

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Looks like ebay is on the warpath with listings once again.  I don't know anything about listing in the car category, but I suggest you ask them how to word your title, then take their advice and relist.  It's not worth the effort of banging your head against a brick wall when it comes to listing removals, as all you'll get is a headache:|

Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

fizza7
Community Member

Whats really funny is that Ebay advised i should list the item and the modle cars it relates to only in my heading yet ive done this and it violates thier policy...so which is it and how do you sell a car part that is for more than one modle car if you cant advertise it?? Ebay dont even know the answer to this!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

I'm sure most prospective buyers would know which models they suit. Only problem is they may search for XA, etc wheels. I wouldn't. Theoretically (because I'd never own a Ford) I would search for Ford 15 wheels.

Maybe use something like "Ford 15" x 7" wheels, XA-E.

You have been done for keyword spamming for listing five different models. Not much you can do except reword the title to only show one model.

Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

fizza - you can ask ebay the same question and get 3-4 different answers, none of which are correct unfortunately:-(

Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

OP . I have not seen the listing so this is just my opinion 

Did they give a reason for the cancellation, was it actually for keyword spamming?

It may also be they consider it some for of copyright infringement, using FORD or whatever to advertise a non geniune part.

There is a section to add the model and other details to the listing just not in the heading

Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

JMO but ebay also allowing other sellers, particulary OS sellers to operate unimpeded is a joke, and may even be illegal.

Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

dylan - I think it would be keyword spamming if my experiences are anything to go by.  If you complain to ebay about other sellers, they'll ask you to do their work for them and report the listings - they don't pay me and I don't work for free]:)

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

It is rather amusing, yet unfortunate for the OP. I have on numerous occasions reported a particular seller, listing over 300 identical items, which are a generic accessory, with each listing differing only by including a different car make and model in the title.

Have any of those been acted on? Not a one.

Yet in the OP's case, I sympathise, as I wouldn't consider it keyword spamming at all. The models listed are the specific models they do fit.

Yes, I have an opinion. No you don't have to agree with it. Yes I do have a right to it.
Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

But, carl, they aren't keyword spamming if they only list one make and model in each listing. And the listings aren't identical because there are different makes and models in each one.

Message 10 of 25
Latest reply