Cancellation & feedback?

Hi

Sold an item a while ago for pick up. The buyer's communications have been brief & poor, though paid by Paypal. I have twice organised a pick up to be let down  (& greatly inconvenienced) - the first time with no communication, the second time with a  brief "you can keep the bedhead" (?)

I gave the option to cancell the first time but she went ahead a & paid, (or claimed she did, which she didn't untill I contacted her again).

Question is - if I initiate a cancellation is feedback possible on either side? I'm a bit nervous due to the communications if she can leave feedback (she put at the end of her details of her being a solicitor)

Thanks

Message 1 of 51
Latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Re: Cancellation & feedback?

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You have very little option but to cancel.

The only time the buyer cannot leave feedback is if you open a NPB case and the buyer gets a strike.  As the item is paid for you cannot do that.

Just refund the payment.   If the buyer leaves a neg you should be able to get it removed by ebay if all the messages are through ebay messages...they can see you are not at fault.

Message 2 of 51
Latest reply

@tetibird wrote:

Hi

Sold an item a while ago for pick up. The buyer's communications have been brief & poor, though paid by Paypal. I have twice organised a pick up to be let down  (& greatly inconvenienced) - the first time with no communication, the second time with a  brief "you can keep the bedhead" (?)

I gave the option to cancell the first time but she went ahead a & paid, (or claimed she did, which she didn't untill I contacted her again).

Question is - if I initiate a cancellation is feedback possible on either side? I'm a bit nervous due to the communications if she can leave feedback (she put at the end of her details of her being a solicitor)

Thanks

It's a wonder she didn't say she was a solicitor with a disability. People love throwing the disability thing around, whether they themselves have a disability or are a carer. I don't care whether they have no head, you buy, you pay, I send. Do they really think using phrases like that is going to scare people or pull at the heart strings? All it does is get my back up.

Message 3 of 51
Latest reply

what lyndal says is correct    you cant keep it , i have had a few paid but not picked up ,as i do mostly pickups , by law and what i do is ,you must try and contact the buyer by emailphone and so , and then you must email the buyer stating that if its not picked up whithin 30 days the item will be relisted. ,. and after the 30 days by law they do not own it,   now thats if you cant contact them . but because the buyer is a bit jumpy , its only going to cause you trouble  just do the refund bit and forget about it. 

Message 4 of 51
Latest reply

Okay, you say her communication has been poor.

I strongly doubt she is a solicitor.

As for the strange message you received, I am wondering if that was predictive text kicking in. With that, if you don't double check, you can get some weird words substituted in your messages, I have had it happen to me. I don't know what it was you sold, but that message the second time suggests to me she had decided it wasn't worth the hassles of pick up and had told you you could keep it.

I guess I am going to go against the trend here. I personally would send another message. I would say I still had the (whatever it is) at my home awaiting collection & it needed to be collected within the next 30 days or after that, weekly storage fees would need to be charged, could she please let you know asap about collection.

See what happens and take it from there.

Message 5 of 51
Latest reply

to springy   you only have to give the buyer 30 day notice by law and state you are going to relist it  , you cant charge storage  and if you could .how would you get the money from them.  at the end of the day canceling might be a better option as this buyer could be not woth the hassel.

Message 6 of 51
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

what lyndal says is correct    you cant keep it , i have had a few paid but not picked up ,as i do mostly pickups , by law and what i do is ,you must try and contact the buyer by emailphone and so , and then you must email the buyer stating that if its not picked up whithin 30 days the item will be relisted. ,. and after the 30 days by law they do not own it,   now thats if you cant contact them . but because the buyer is a bit jumpy , its only going to cause you trouble  just do the refund bit and forget about it. 

Joe, this subject has been discussed a number of times previously and you've already been told what the law requires under such circumstances. You'll find that most states allow between 3 & 6 months before the item can be declared "abandoned". You certainly have no right to deprive the buyer of ownership of the item (which he's already paid for) in only 30 days. Even eBay give buyers 180 days to resolve issues so your 30 days is a joke.

BTW, it is a reportable offence to give incorrect information in these forums. Just saying... Smiley Indifferent

Message 7 of 51
Latest reply

if you read the post it states after you have tryed  even phoned or emailed   then you can email them , which you must then give them 30 days notice,  

i wait until after 60 day on ebay then the it comes of the sellers page then proceed with a 30 day .  , which cq  will find its the proper way of doing it.     now that you have all this time maybe read a few law books ,   and if you read back on thee posts thats what it says. 

Message 8 of 51
Latest reply

new south wales consolidated act

uncollected gods act 1995  sect 20

you must in writing  give 28 days notice     28 days notice    28 days  notice      my mistake i said 30 days. i allow 2 extra days for the email to get there lol.

Message 9 of 51
Latest reply

If you're going to quote things Joe, at least read them first.

The bedhead falls into this category under the NSW Uncollected Goods Act 1995

Between $100 and $500

The trader/store must give written notice to the consumer and each other person claiming an interest in the goods, that they intend to dispose of the goods. 
If the goods remain uncollected after 3 months of that notice, they may be disposed of by public auction or by private sale for a fair value

It says 3 months

Easier to cancel sale, methinks

Message 10 of 51
Latest reply