Cant list things from cuba

bjlcr
Community Member

I listed some stamps from Cuba and got a message I cant sell anything from Cuba ,So listing was stopped.

It is because of a USA embargo..Why does Ebay Australia not allow it.

Then I checked on Ebay Australia and there are coins and stamps from cuba listed.So I dont know why I was stopped and how did these other sellers get around the message I got.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

go to HELP at top of page and have ebay ring you
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

you may have already tried this - but are you sure you're listing on ebay australia and not the US ebay site? 

if so, also, try making sure that your postage policy shows that you don't post the item to the US. this may help with the listing problem.

there's an old thread from years ago - https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Listing-Cuban-Stamps/td-p/314616

if those suggestions don't work, i'd suggest doing what has been suggested and speaking to someone from ebay :]

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

You haven't been able to list Cuban stamps for several years, mainly due to Paypal being a US company and that they are penalised if they facilitate transactions from embargoed countries.

Yes, we know it's ridiculous and have quite a few Cuban stamps ourselves we would love to list, but won't take the chance of being limited or even removed from Ebay just to sell a few things.

The listings you see are taking a chance, it's up to you, some sellers use the word Caribbean in the title or mis-spell the country name. We're not prepared to take that risk.

The funny thing is that there are more listed on the US site than the Australian site, we seem to be quite conservative when it comes to following rules.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I was listing on the Australian site when the error came up.

I Have now rang Ebay.

They are going to get back to me. tomorrow .

I understand the reason why the listing wasnt allowed but asked them why there were other listings on Ebay with Cuba in title.

Doesnt really matter .But its strange why we have to follow the USA embargo.

Thank you to the helpers I always appreciate your help.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply