Ebay Sales very very slow.

Used to get roughly $14k give or take a month, but now I’m lucky to get $9k.  I don’t know what’s happened.  I’ve got about 90 listings and I’ve put lol on sponsored, this helped for 1 week!  Can someone please have a look at my listings and maybe give me some pointers to help?  Thanks in advance, have a great long weekend 😊

Message 1 of 87
Latest reply
86 REPLIES 86

@infa-group wrote:

Used to get roughly $14k give or take a month, but now I’m lucky to get $9k.  I don’t know what’s happened.  I’ve got about 90 listings and I’ve put lol on sponsored, this helped for 1 week!  Can someone please have a look at my listings and maybe give me some pointers to help?  Thanks in advance, have a great long weekend 😊

You have only got three listings showing on this id and it only shows you having had one sale in the past 60 days. Do you have another selling id ?

Message 2 of 87
Latest reply

I had a look at your listings and got a big surprise, did a double take, because one of the items there is already in my watched list.

These days I am mostly a buyer, not a seller so I thought you might like my perspective as a buyer who is actually considering one of the products.

First off, I can't fault your ad. It looks professional and it has lots of details. It's very clear.

The price is competitive and actually beats some other retailers as they don't usually include postage, but the websites do often throw up messages to me such as Get $10 off first purchase' etc. Even so, yours is still probably the best overall price.

I did find one of the other retailers had 'better' photos. They were the same as yours but they came up bigger and I was able to make out the bottom of the easel better. In your ebay photos, I could see something whitish was down the bottom but on the competitor's website (temple & webster), I can see it a lot more clearly as it enlarges when the mouse hovers over it and it is a larger photo than the ones that show on ebay.

An extra photo of your own to show a close up of the base of the easels might help.

I think part of your trouble might be that there are just so many online places selling stuff these days, so shoppers search around and it can get confusing as even a quick search throws up lots of other brands sometimes at cheaper prices & you're sitting at home thinking-I wonder what the quality is like on any of these pieces. Is it really worth the extra $40 or would I be just as well off with the cheaper crayola one etc and maybe I need to get into actual shops to see and touch the products.  I know a lot of sellers on ebay do aim to look professional but sometimes I am wary of it as I know I am getting a new product at retail price, but I don't necessarily know the quality of it.

None of that is your fault of course & not much you can do about it. I'm finding how a lot of the younger people shop these days is they look at a product in a shop, then search for prices online on their phone while they are actually in the store so they can barter the price down.

Are your items actually in a lot of bricks & mortar stores? If they are then that may help you-but only if another retailer refuses to match the price.

But my guess is it is just a tougher world online with so many other sites around these days.

Message 3 of 87
Latest reply

I got 87 listings showing to me. 

Message 4 of 87
Latest reply

@chameleon54 wrote:

@infa-group wrote:

You have only got three listings showing on this id and it only shows you having had one sale in the past 60 days. Do you have another selling id ?

Four now. Have you added another one in the last ten minutes or is this another example of ebays dissapearing listings due to glitches ?

Message 5 of 87
Latest reply

@springyzone wrote:

I got 87 listings showing to me. 

Still four for me. Very concerning for the seller. Maybe that was the problem I was having eight weeks ago when my sales tanked.

According to ebay CS my items where not visible in searches. After six weeks of pestering them, they appear to have fixed the problem, as my sales are now climbing back up in a normal and consistent way.

I would suggest the OP contact CS by phone and direct them to this thread if they say there is no problems. Most of his items are not visible to me in S.A.

Message 6 of 87
Latest reply

87 listings showing for me as well (and 50 sales in 3 months) so perhaps you're another victim of ebay's reduced visibility for some stores, as chameleon explained in another post.
Message 7 of 87
Latest reply

@chameleon54 wrote:

@infa-group wrote:

Still only shows having one sale in the last 60 days which is one of the four items I see ( a baby matress ), yet feedback shows a number of sales in the last month, so obviously major account glitches and visibility problems going on for this seller.

The four items I see are all in baby catagories, a matress, two playpens and a baby mat. Just a suggestion to OP, go into a listing and check to see if there is some kind of " only mails to certain regions " thing going on. I use this function for international sales and I have seen references on the forums stating you can do it for Australian sales too. I have never used the OZ regions function and dont know where it is. Maybe I,m dreaming with this one, but others may have some info. 

Even if this was the problem, the sold items icon should still show all items sold, regardless of location restrictions.

Message 8 of 87
Latest reply

Chamo, there's something very odd going on here, when the OP posted a week ago like you I could only see 4 items, but now I can see 87 like the others.

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling-on-eBay/My-sales-have-been-so-bad-for-a-few-months-what-am-...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 87
Latest reply

I have just had a peek and only 4 are showing???

Message 10 of 87
Latest reply