Ebay Sales very very slow.

Used to get roughly $14k give or take a month, but now I’m lucky to get $9k.  I don’t know what’s happened.  I’ve got about 90 listings and I’ve put lol on sponsored, this helped for 1 week!  Can someone please have a look at my listings and maybe give me some pointers to help?  Thanks in advance, have a great long weekend 😊

Message 1 of 87
Latest reply
86 REPLIES 86

@infa-group wrote:

Thanks for checking out my listings and providing some assistance here.  I do have some exclusions for postage such as WA, NT and remote areas due to free shipping and the cost to send some items there such as cots are are heavy.  Could this be an issue?

I,m located in a major regional centre within commuting distance of Adelaide SA.

Still only seeing four listings although it was three first time I looked. The issue of listings dissapearing like this have been raised for at least 6 months by other sellers on the boards, so your issue is most likely a glitch in ebays systems, rather than fault with your own listings. Having said that there are a number of glitches reported which add " best offer " and auto accept low offers on peoples accounts, photographs go missing, ebay adds click & collect to listings when it is not selected by sellers etc. so there are numerous problems with ebays systems interferring with listings.

Probably best to phone ebay CS and refer them to this thread. You will probably get different stories from different reps and possibly a denial that there are any problems at all, but a few phone calls could be worth $5000 a month in sales.

Message 21 of 87
Latest reply

It's definetly very strange, I've just been on to CS and they told me that I had no exclusions showing and my rate tables had disappeared.  I'm baffled!  she said she couldn't see any reason why sales would be slow.  Although I wasn't very confident with her, I kept asking her a question and she just wouldn't answer it, I guess I'll contact them again tomorrow and hopefully don't get the same person 😉

Message 22 of 87
Latest reply

Thanks, yes I agree there does seem to be some glitches happening.  I just went into my account and my exclusions list and rate tables had dissapeared.  Also I did notice "offer click and collect" enabled, which I have never ticked the box for.

When I contacted CS she mentioned she could see all 114 listings on my account so it's so strange that you couldn't see them, especially since my exclusion list wasn't supposidly in play.

CS kept asking me if I'd like to offer combined postage.....  I said all my listings are FREE postage so how would that work.  When buyers buy more than 1 item now it gets combined anyway.  I guess I'll be contacting them tomorrow to see if I can get some better answers.

Thanks again for taking the time.

Message 23 of 87
Latest reply

Im only seeing 4 listings - windows 10 and google chrome browser - I wonder if it matters what browser the 'lookers' are using. I know freinds with mobiles avoid ebay like a plague because its so user UNfriendly

I opened an ebay store 3 weeks ago and within 24 hours my sales dropped to almost nothing and are yet to get even close to what thy were before I opened the store.

Message 24 of 87
Latest reply

Do you keep track of the number of views your listings get? It would be some indicator of whether they were showing up in searches, provided you had some idea what a normal figure would be for your stuff. 

Usually when I list a bunch of things, there'll be views almost instantly, but quite a few times lately I've listed perhaps thirty or forty items and all of them still show 0 views the next morning. So far this has been temporary, and within about 24 hours usually they suddenly start getting hits.  I'd write it off as just a slow night if it were only some of them or most of them, but not all of them.

I'm only seeing 4 items by you.

As a matter of interest, how many are you seeing of mine? At the time of writing it should be 144.  I put a bunch up on the weekend, but they all have views now, so I assume they're showing up properly - though really there's no way to tell if, for example, 50% of people weren't seeing them in searches.

Message 25 of 87
Latest reply

No it doesn't matter as I have windows 10 and google chrome and I can see 87 listings

Message 26 of 87
Latest reply

U have 144 listings

Message 27 of 87
Latest reply

Win 8 & Chrome

Message 28 of 87
Latest reply

Windows 10 too technical for ya dave haha

Message 29 of 87
Latest reply

I'd still be using XP if it was up to me.

I have neither the need nor the desire to have my PC look like a phone.

Message 30 of 87
Latest reply