5 REPLIES 5

Changes to Feedback

pnc75
Community Member

Just another reason to not buy on ebay or give feedback.  They are intent on destroying it, it seems. 

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Changes to Feedback

Nothing to do with buying. Just to do with feedback, which few buyers leave anyway.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Changes to Feedback

That's an interesting link, twyngwyn.

I recall back in the days when I first joined this forum, that a lot of boardies were adamant that feedback should never be about the product, only the seller performance.

I take the point but as a buyer, I find some comments about the products to be useful.

Maybe ebay would be better off to leave the star rating for the product as optional.

(From what I can make out, some of the buyers who had this pop up were not able to leave feedback at all unless they also gave a product rating.)

As someone commented, it might be very well and good to rate a new product, but what if you are buying something that is used and described in the ad as quite worn or with faults or whatever. In other words, it might arrive exactly as described, but the product itself may not get a 5 star rating.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Changes to Feedback

I liked the person who said if they purchased a book - read it a couple of months later - what then. LOL

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Changes to Feedback

Whether or not feedback should be product or seller related depends on the product I think.

If I buy a name brand product on Ebay, then product feedback is not that useful.  But If I'm buying some no-name phone case or HDMI cable or something then product feedback is very important.  

Of course, it's hard to Ebay to decide on what is a reputable brand so it's easier to just apply a blanket rule.

As a seller if it results in less feedback I don't really care.  I don't track what % of buyers leave feedback, I don't nag buyers for feedback or measure it.  It happens.  or it doesn't.  And that's fine

I personally think the Ebay feedback process is too wieldy.  When I buy i do leave feedback but the process is far more a hassle than it should be.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply