Changing sale listing currency

luvnut
Community Member

I'm trying to set up sale listings and the currency is defaulting to $US and can't be changed.  I'm an Australian account and simply want to list in AUD$.  Not unreasonable I would've thought.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Changing sale listing currency

Are you logged into eBay Australia when trying to list?

If you are logged into ebay.com.au it would be showing Australian $

If you are logged into eBay.com it will show $US

Have you checked the URL is indeed .com.au ?

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

*To add (just in case)

At one point in time, after my computer did an update, for some reason many of my settings changed, and the computer itself was all of a sudden 'saying' it/I was located in America

Unlikely the cause , but it is possible

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

luvnut
Community Member

Yes, I'm logged into ebay.com.au.  I've sold before and never had this happen.  All other currency displays in my account are in AUD$.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Possibly a glitch?  How long has it been happening?

During the listing process, does the URL remain on .com.au or does it change to .com during the lisiting process?

Have you tried another browser or clearing cookies/ cache etc? 

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

luvnut
Community Member

Well, I started over, relisted from scratch in AUD$ and a future start time.  Checked the preview etc, etc.  Result?  Half the listings aren't there and the rest have kicked off ahead of my start date live and in US$.   I'm getting pretty fed up.  I'm finding the older ebay gets the more difficult it's become to use.  It's just not the same platform it used to be.  

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Have you actually tried the suggestion of clearing cookies and cache and restarting your browser?

Sometimes it just needs a kick in the guts.

Fonzie knew that.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

luvnut
Community Member

I'm doing that, rebooting and will come back later.  There's something weird going on with ebay's server at the moment.  One has just listed correctly (albeit early but I'll assume I missed the deferred date box).  I've cleared the rest and will see what it looks like later.  I had a message pop up a little while ago from ebay about a server issue.  The 'It's not you it's us' message.  

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

If it was ebay, there would be a lot more people coming here and complaining about it.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply