Chat with eBay staff - Seller Standards open now

67 REPLIES 67

Re: Chat with eBay staff - Seller Standards open now

You are actually allowed to buy from yourself or other relatives as long as it is a BIN with immediate payment.

No auction bidding allowed.

Message 41 of 68
Latest reply

Michelle, can you please answer if it is ok to use an account that is yours for buying or bidding on another account of yours?
Can i do this as an experiment?
Can i do this to test my settings?
Can i do this under any circumstance?
I look forward to your reply.
Message 42 of 68
Latest reply

Buying yes bidding no simple

Message 43 of 68
Latest reply

People who know the seller – such as family members, roommates, or employees – can't bid on that seller's items, but they can use options like Buy It Now that don't involve bidding. Sellers with employees have to make sure their workers are aware of this policy and what the consequences are for breaking the rules.

The above is eBay's policy

Message 44 of 68
Latest reply

@keythisin3 wrote:

So it is against the rules, but its ok because nothing was brought, 

Seems like its still shill bidding to me, if you click on this link it clearly states that bidding on another account you have is not allowed

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/seller-shill-bidding.html

How can it be shill bidding if there was no bid placed on the item?

That was the point of the exercise....to see if the blocks worked.

Message 45 of 68
Latest reply

@keythisin3 wrote:
Michelle, can you please answer if it is ok to use an account that is yours for buying or bidding on another account of yours?
Can i do this as an experiment?
Can i do this to test my settings?
Can i do this under any circumstance?
I look forward to your reply.

Michelle does not need to answer anything.....everyone else on the thread has given you the correct information and the ebay policy is quite clear.

Message 46 of 68
Latest reply

Was it not you that wrote an earlyer post that if a buyer starts a new account to circumnavigate blocks, to report it to ebay?

Would not this be the case of member using another id to try and circumnavigate blocks??

As well as trying to shill bid?

I am simply trying to get an answer from an ebay employee, after all would not they have the correct answer?

Message 47 of 68
Latest reply

@keythisin3 wrote:

Was it not you that wrote an earlyer post that if a buyer starts a new account to circumnavigate blocks, to report it to ebay?

Would not this be the case of member using another id to try and circumnavigate blocks??

I am simply trying to get an answer from an ebay employee, after all would not they have the correct answer?

You need to use a bit of common sense here.

Yes I did suggest that a seller could report a buyer for trying to circumvent the blocks he had in place but I was also told that sometimes blocks do not work. 

In this case the seller was just trying to see if his blocks were working....he did not bid and he did not buy anything, but he did find out that his blocks were working.

"As well as trying to shill bid?"....that has to be the silliest statement I have ever read....how are you going to report a member for "trying" to do anything.  If you want to report someone you have to have proof of the offense and in this case there would be no record for ebay to see as it did not happen.

Message 48 of 68
Latest reply

It can not be shill bidding if it is a BIN purchase.

How the hell is it shill bidding if someone is trying to bid with another account because their other account has been blocked?

Shill bidding is when someone that a seller knows is bidding for them to get a higher price,it can only be done with auctions.

Message 49 of 68
Latest reply

@keythisin3 wrote:

Not necessarily.

As Chameleon stated he didn't bid or buy because he was blocked. He didn't open another account to circumvent the blocks, because he was testing if they worked. He could have just as easily have asked one of us to block him to determine the result. Same thing, same result - no bidding or buying happened.

Therefore your initial premise is false. Thus your reasoning cannot lead you to a correct answer.

Message 50 of 68
Latest reply