Check out what ebay doing to sellers and their listings

valdoe
Community Member

Has anyone seen the new listing layout.

I went to one listings and nearly fell off my seat and smashed my monitor.(see pic below).

How much more difficult is ebay trying to make sellers to make sales.

In this last year they have added

• A large square ad under your details

At the bottom of your listing 

• People who bought this item also bought Ads
  • See what other people are watching Ads
  • Sponsored Links Ads

All the above has the potential to take away a buyer away from your product.

Now they added an new panel called "People who viewed this item also viewed"

Placed above the fold and  between your photo, buy it now and your description of your product.

This is the most blaunted thing Ebay has done to ruin a seller a chance to making a sale.

Not only is it highlighting your opposition products but if clicked on, takes away your potential customer and sale away from you

How do you feel about this... losing sales not because the customer didn't want you item but because they got hijacked away.

As my mother said "you never get anything for free." Is this the price a seller has to pay because of the free listing?

I would rather they say to us.. pay 1% on my FV fees and not have any ads in my listing.

But wait.. their answer will be "we want ebay customers to have an enjoyable buying experience"

Bye ALL because for the next statement I making is sure to ban me from ebay.and this post will be deleted.

Ebay new listing format.jpg

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Check out what ebay doing to sellers and their listings

you have only just seen this?  its been that way for many weeks now ...  no different to advertising in the newspaper / magazine, you have your advert on the same page as many others,

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

It's a major no no in the media. Sure your ad may be on the same page as other advertisers, but not LIKE advertisers.

For instance you don't have Coles and Woolies on the same page or even double spread. Likewise on TV or radio, you don't put like business's in the same ad break.

They get very snickety and pull all their advertising.

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

They get very snickety and pull all their advertising.

So you are also free to get very snickety and pull your listings. Nobody is forcing you to use ebay and they have an absoute right to display whatever content they want on their pages, you agree to that when you sign up.

A large part of ebay's revenue comes from advertising and I would rather they sold advertising space than raise their fees. I work on the assumption that the majority of buyers are like me and zone out the external advertisements and only look at the listed item.

People have been complaining about the advertising for years and it has done nothing but increase so wasting time complaining about it rather than concentrating on improving your selling technique is not a cost effective use of time.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

Phorum you must be a Ebay lover.

"A large part of ebay's revenue comes from advertising and I would rather they sold advertising space than raise their fees. I work on the assumption that the majority of buyers are like me and zone out the external advertisements and only look at the listed item."

Sorry but the majority of their revenu comes from selling products and not advertising. Ebay has now moved to the level of GREED.

My wife has gone made her listing Easy to read, made her listing appealing to customers and show we care.  She has tuned her lisiting  the most cost effective to maximise her profits while keeping cost down.

Sorry but what I consider Ebay has done is graffiti all over her pages.. and ebay wants to make money on advertising then put it all down the bottom..

Yes, people have been complaining for years and hopefully one day ebay will see reason. Not complaining does not make change. 

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

I work on the following assumption - that although other sellers' items appear on my listing page, there will be links to my listings on other sellers' listings  i.e. eBay promote my item to potential buyers on listings that are similar to mine.

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

There are no ads for other seller's items in any designer stores and sites for department stores .

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

. I work on the assumption that the majority of buyers are like me and zone out the external advertisements and only look at the listed item.

Ebay must know different or they would not put the ads there.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

That is exactly what I am talking about , duh... designer stores on EBAY, as well as dept stores, large US ones

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

Says phorum: 

So you are also free to get very snickety and pull your listings. Nobody is forcing you to use ebay....

And if your employer is screwing you, you're free to quit, if the WA govt is screwing you, you're free to move east.

We're also free to be disgusted with the degeneration of eBay and speak our minds. If you don't like that you're free to move to somewhere like the US where free speech has gone even further down the tube.

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply