Click and Send being canned in a few months. Next best thing?

mcbaj
Community Member

Please excuse me if its been said already. I tried searching but couldn't really find the answer I am looking for.

I have been using click and send on my store for quite a few years now. Its easy and simple to use. I print out the shipping labels, 4 each to an A4 paper, sign them, cut them, and pack the bags, take them to my local PO, lodge them and I'm done. I probably do maybe around 100 each week, maybe more.

So. I get a call last month from Aust post saying that C&S is being dropped in a few months and they want me to open up an account with them. I don't like having accounts, I pay as I go. It stops me from forgetting to pay the accounts, plus I am the type if I don't have the money for something, I wont use credit, I just wait or go without. 

Anyhow, they then said I can use a My Post account? I then asked if it works the same as C & S where when I log in, all the buyers details come up in the account. They couldn't answer this. Huh?

So. Here I am. What are others using as an alternative? Does My Post work like C&S?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Click and Send being canned in a few months. Next best thing?

Glen, I think you'll find AP go about training their remote staff and also LPO contractors via regular email updates to services.

It depends very much on whether or not the staff actually take the time to read these.

As a general observation, you will find much better service at an Aus Post Shop or Business Centre than you will at an LPO.

LPO's are franchised PO's and not always interested in lowering the over the counter dollar buy as their income is derived as a percentage of this figure.

The Shops and BC's are wholly owned AP PO's with an actual Post Master in charge who has no interest in local profitability.

Since the Post Masters are salaried they have no vested interest in overcharging.

It is up to him/her to ensure staff are appropriately trained and kept up to date with system changes and relevant discounting structures and programs.

Message 31 of 33
Latest reply

@curraone wrote:

but ebay labels are a little cheaper

Only fractionally so and you'll have to pay up in full at the end of your billing cycle.

The only eBay label I'd consider using is the BX1 which, for some unknown reason, is considerably cheaper than the C&S 250 plan price.

Message 32 of 33
Latest reply

@glenbankloel wrote:

Digi, just got our B250 account set up and of course couldn't use it the first time I tried at the PO. Blank looks and shrugs, "oh this is done all online"....well duh, I think I know that! phone calls on hold to someone so in the end I gave up and paid normal price. The man behind the counter scanned my B250 barcode and then didn't know what to do after that.

I had a parcel with a label that I had printed out onto my own plain white label as it was a sale via Etsy, so no auto loading of details like what happens for an Ebay sale. But thought that I could then just take that parcel to the PO and they would process, and apply the discount to the normal charge once they had weighed and got the details on their screen.

Have I done something wrong? Have tried to contact AP myself but of course pretty hard and still waiting to get reply.  

Why don't they train their staff for the products that they release?

Have read what you do, but surely there is a way to do this without me having to show them what to do? Any advice?

It might depend on the service being used, as I only get the discount on flat rate satchels (standard and express), and those I can only pay for online, so the discount is automatically applied in C&S when I pay and then they're lodged as normal at the post office. That's for domestic parcels, anyway.

For international parcels, the process goes like this (so I would think / hope it's the same for domestic parcels).

Scan the barcode on the postage label. Select 'Lodgement' (parcel usually needs to go on the scales at this point), the screen will then ask if the parcel has been paid for, so 'No'. At this stage, the staff need to go into F3 for customer number and then scan your B250 barcode. Once scanned, your details should appear on the screen and once they confirm the details are correct, they should then be able to proceed as normal.

If you have more parcels to process, tell them not to use the follow on option (F12), this will actually mean they can continue to process more parcels in the same way without scanning your barcode for each one, but all subsequent packages will get a new tracking number that's different to the one on the label, which is the opposite of what you want (well, that's what happened to me, anyway). 

Also, don't be alarmed if you do this and the price sticker shows the normal rate without the discount - it will always do that, as the discount is only reflected on your receipt - like this (I've removed my PO location and the tracking numbers for privacy reasons).

ap receipt.jpg

Message 33 of 33
Latest reply