Clothes sellers - do you want buyers?

I live in the bush and buy all my clothes on ebay. Increasingly I have been buying from the US ebay. Why? Because aussie sellers can't be bothered to put any details on their listings (pat on the back to those who do, you are in the minority). I'm a tall woman so pants inseams are essential. Measurements are essential, we can't just pop down to the shops to try on various brands. Lots of listings have no details at all, useless! Some listings have a mass of "buyer rules" but no details on their items! I've given up sending messages asking for basic information, too painful, and many sellers don't even bother to reply. Oh and by the way, new without tags does not mean "only worn once or twice". I've received clothes that should be car wash rags with a tags put on with a safety pins (not even the same brand). There is more competition in the US so sellers have to put all the details on their listings. Come on aussie sellers, make your listings count and get those sales, my backspace key is wearing out!

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Clothes sellers - do you want buyers?

kafav
Community Member

Pat me on back)

Message 2 of 28
Latest reply

redbook3
Community Member

LOL.... kafav ....bit  too early for pats

I think OP would really like to see waist, rise ( centre crotch to top of waistband)  & inner leg ( centre crotch to bottom of hem. Maybe even outer leg (top of waistband to bottom hem)...at least.

The more measurements you have, the easier it is for buyers to gauge if the garment will fit.

I'm a really odd size - smallish waist, fat ass, short leg.... get the idea - odd..lol

That's probably why I'm not a fashion statement - I hate trying on clothes for that reason - so if I see something that is almost right in my op shops, I just buy it and if it doesn't fit donate it back.

It's also pretty cheap retail therapy:^O:^O

Message 3 of 28
Latest reply

Well said OP.

There's a lot of lazy sellers who sell clothes and it irritates me too. I skip past all listings where the seller can't be bothered to provide the basics too.

Also, thank you for mentioning you like the sizing to include inseams on pants. That's actually one measurement I miss when listing clothes. Not anymore!

Doesnโ€™t expecting the unexpected make the unexpected expected?
Message 4 of 28
Latest reply

I know what you mean!

I learn my lesson as a seller because once I sold a top and it says Size 12 in the tag but little that I know that this top was a small make. So, now I make sure that I put the measurement and reminder for the buyer to check the measurement thoroughly before they buy anything in my store. This will save both time and money.

Message 5 of 28
Latest reply

Measurements of clothes and shoes is essential.

Different brands have different measurements for the same size.

This is a no brainer.

If they are so lazy as not to do this then....ffftttt.  There are other sellers that do.

Message 6 of 28
Latest reply

When it comes to looking for clothes, I have trouble finding the ausies amonst all the OS (especially Asia) junk, even when doing a search on Au only. Oh well, I am not a standard size :_| so mostly I buy T shirts and stuff that doesn't matter too much.

I do have to list a riding jacket tonight for a friend, so I will make sure I put all the measurements, underarm seam length, collar to tail length etc. Thanks for the tips OP.

Message 7 of 28
Latest reply

I totally agree with you K9tardus. I try to put measurements on all my listings, its good for the buyer & saves me answering alot of messages. Dont you just love the ones where in the description it just has ---dress--. Makes me wonder how they sell anything at all.

Message 8 of 28
Latest reply

Also, thank you for mentioning you like the sizing to include inseams on pants. That's actually one measurement I miss when listing clothes. Not anymore!

Good to hear. I'm tall too and it's something I really need to see in listings.

Message 9 of 28
Latest reply

Because aussie sellers can't be bothered to put any details on their listings

Absolutely, and one more things I consider essential is what the material is and if it is washable or has to be dry cleaned.  If sellers do not put all this in their listings I hit the back button fast.  I only ask questions when I come across something extremely tempting.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 10 of 28
Latest reply