DSR rating- Item not received

I recently had a buyer who did not receive item (after 1 week from me posting the next business day) Without going into the intricacies his first point of contact was to open an 'Item Not Received' case

I've managed to resolve the issue to his satisfaction (again long story) and he has subsequently closed the case

However I'm now left with a DSR defect How can this be fair when I was given no opportunity to address the issue and wasn't even aware of it prior to it becoming a dispute?

The timing may have been within the delivery window (but I can't say for sure as it was a multiple listing & I can't retrieve the relevant info)

My questiion is -Am I stuck with this defect? Also would there be any point arguing the point with eBay?

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

"

Thanks for working to resolve this issue. The buyer has
closedthis request. You don't need to do anything else.

This request won't count against you when determining your seller standing.You can view the details of this request in the Resolution Centre."
This is the email I got after a buyer closed a case for item not received. The defect showed on the 23rd and then disappeared the same day ... 

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

That's exactly my argument with ebay, they judge, convict and sentence you without a trail.Smiley Sad

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

Contact them and appeal it. Give them all the details. We've had two removed because we could prove with online tracking they received it, they had left us positive feedback, and messaged to confirm receipt. 

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

Yeah, i am fighting it, but....................it takes a couple of hundred emails to get it thru there heads. lol Smiley Tongue

I'll keep at it.Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

Was it recieved or refunded?

I had one that was received and quoted Ebays policy about dispute was raised if item was not received. Tracking showed it was therefore by defintion dispute was not valid. Ebay removed defect,

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

I can not believe another seller actually opened an inr case against me without emailing me first!

Its been one week since she bought it, Australia post were down Friday night till Monday night!

My question is ... if it should show up, and she closes the case, will the defect remain?

I have emailed her asking her to at least wait till tomorrow, and if it hasn't shown I will refund.

This is so wrong.

Bloody Australia Post have a lot to answer for.

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

My question is ... if it should show up, and she closes the case, will the defect remain?

Good question. Was your item sent with tracking? I presume if it was, would be much easier to prove when it was sent and delivered and easier make a case to have defect removed. Also taking into account the long weekend.

My item not as received was for a UK buyer, I refunded them straight away as it was sent as large letter, no tracking. I still think it may turn up though, as  it was posted late December.

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

@tstore wrote:

"

Thanks for working to resolve this issue. The buyer has
closedthis request. You don't need to do anything else.

This request won't count against you when determining your seller standing.You can view the details of this request in the Resolution Centre."
This is the email I got after a buyer closed a case for item not received. The defect showed on the 23rd and then disappeared the same day ... 

Are your the OP? Just trying to work out which issue this resolved.Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

Sent in an envelope, no tracking. Just a $10 item...

I figured if I simply refund it's an immediate defect, and fingers crossed it shows up tomorrow, and perhaps I can avoid the defect!

Most annoying is that she herself is a seller. Would think she would know better.

And so close to getting tsr back, and a little breathing space.

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

Ok, I just felt with no tracking there isn't any avenues open really after item not received case is opened.

Yes, it is annoying opening up a case in that short time frame for domestic delivery, with a long weekend thrown in. Hopefully it does turn up soon.

Some people have no patience!  

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply