DSRs contradicted by feedback

cq_tech
Community Member

I sold an item last July for which the buyer left me positive feedback which stated "fast delivery item pretty much as described" then promptly hit me with a 3 for item description, which of course is a defect. In my opinion, doing so directly contradicts the feedback he left. At the time, I blocked him and left a reply to his feedback which named him and warned other sellers to be wary but now I am wondering if it's worth contacting CS with a view to having that defect removed because of that contradiciton.

Message 1 of 42
Latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Sucks I reckon, but I truly do think that some buyers only give 5 stars for as described if the goods 100% meets what they imagined it to be or exceeds all of their expectations.

Message 31 of 42
Latest reply

Just as I truly believe that some people have no business shopping on-line in general, and on eBay in particular. What really bugs me is that eBay knows that some buyers are completely clueless tools yet they make no allowance for the fact and continue to permit them to leave totally unrealistic feedback & DSRs at the expense of sellers' reputations, and in some cases their very livelihoods, yet they flatly refuse to entertain sellers' reasons or excuses, even when irrefutable evidence is presented in their favour. I really don't understand why eBay feels it necessary to to act like completely heartless ba$tards most of the time while showing a total lack of regard or respect for the sellers whose hard work keeps their sites running.
Message 32 of 42
Latest reply

Well said CQ, could not agree more.....................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 33 of 42
Latest reply

Only speaking the truth as I see it, Padi. If anything, I held back a bit, as I don't feel like a holiday just yet. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 34 of 42
Latest reply

Thanks mbselections00 ..I contacted the buyer last night and she wrote straight back and it appears to be exactly the same situation as what you are stil dealing with ..

Her first message .."Oh No ..I definitely typed 5 stars.The dress was perfect and you were marvelous to deal with.I don't know why it showed up as 3 stars.How can i fix this ? I am so sorry..I don't know why this happened.I am more than happy to contact eBay and let them know there has been an error etc "

2nd message this morning after I had explained how the defect affects me as a seller and gave her eBays phone number.

"The phone lines don't open until 8am so I won't get a chance to ring them until tonight.In the meantime I have sent them an email and explained my error.Hopefully this will help, but rest assured,I won't give up with eBay until your good rating is reinstated."

So will see where we go from here and will post any updates.

Message 35 of 42
Latest reply

Another lovely customer, as most of them are Smiley Happy   Mine was lovely like that too & did offer to contact eBay, but I didn't want to put her to any inconvenience and so said I thought our messages would be sufficient (as they should have been).  Hopefully in your case, the Buyer emailing and telephoning might ensure it is corrected & quickly !

All the best with it - and definitely keep us posted.

That said - how sad is it that eBays Defective system spoils the overall experience for Buyers & Sellers alike all in one transaction  ?!  What a joke !

Message 36 of 42
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member

Ive contacted CS twice to have the following removed -

1. negative feedback that stated something was not described in the description, when it clearly was.

2. defect point for slow postage when I have proof item was posted same day and received three days later.

No reply from Ebay for either of them.

Ive also asked what my seller limit is for gross sales per month (Ebay restricts sales of smaller sellers, this is written by Ebay in the Answer Centre - so no matter how many items you list, you will only ever sell a certain maximum (dollar amount)).

No reply to that either.

Im top rated and have premium service on some items - Ive also asked why, when I copy and paste exact words from the title of one of my items into search, do other sellers items who are not top rated and do not have premium service come up in the search before mine.

No reply.

Good luck!

Message 37 of 42
Latest reply

It's probably best to list how this affects us in the actual ad or as a message when a buyer is paying etc

this is what I will put  from now on.

eg. "When giving star ratings for my item in "Positive Feedback" Please know that 1,2 & 3 are Negatives and only 4 & 5 are Positives. If you feel that I only deserve a 1,2 or 3 please message me first and I will try my very best to resolve what ever the issue is. If you got the item as described please rate it as 5 stars. Thankyou for shopping with Not Just Stagea Parts."

Message 38 of 42
Latest reply

Just posting an Update . On checking my Seller Dashboard this morning the defect for that transaction has now been removed ! 

My buyer had also spent some time this week on the phone to eBay and also emailed them on my behalf ....not sure if this was the reason as I was initially told it couldnt be removed ..so a great result : ) !!!

Mine has been a lot quicker than your situation but Good luck with finally getting yours removed too .

Message 39 of 42
Latest reply

This has been my issue with this DSR system since its inception.

Surely ebay MUST make it completely clear to buyers of the signifigance and ramifications of the DSR system for sellers?

I think its been a pretty feeble effort so far.

I reckon a subjective rating system based on individual perceptions was always a recipe for disaster for a platform like ebay.

I think if ts a brand name item such as, say a garmin GPS, if its as described and brand new in the box as one bought in a retail store is, then i think its unfair for a buyer to mark a seller down because the item doesnt perform as they think it should.

Some things are in the sellers control and some arent.

For example, we should be rated on the time it took for us to post the item, not how long australia post takes to deliver.

IMO the DSR's should reflect on what the seller is in control of only.

The current system is to open to the opinions,perceptions and expectations of many different people.

Its simply not conducive for consistent and accurate ratings.

Am i right that simply cancelling a transaction, even when its at the request of the buyer, counts as a defect?

I was going to say that is totally nonsensical, but its on par and consistent with the rest of the system i suppose

Message 40 of 42
Latest reply