DVD sold to American which is Region 4

A buyer in the US recently ordered and immediately paid for a DVD. In my description I noted thyat it was coded for Region 4  (Australia). I have sent him to messages over the last few days pointing out that it will not play on an American player unless he has a multi-function DVD Player. I have offered to cancel the order and refund him but have received no reply. I f I don't get a reply by tomorrow I plan to post it. Does he have grounds for complaint if he finds he can't play the CD?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: DVD sold to American which is Region 4

Do Not send It! ... Firstly alot of US  TV's  are NTSC only same with their DVD players even if the are multi zone they wont play PAL encoded disc. Secondly you look like you are sending your DVDs air letter rate .They will be returned to you buy Australia post if your lucky ,as US now require a customs declaration attached to your package (came into effect April 21) .This will put it into a  air parcel rate around $25 for a 500 g package You cant send small items ,disc usb flat objects etc. via air mail letter only letters and documents

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Don't post it - just cancel the order with the reason - "problem with buyers address".

This will ensure you do not get a defect.

Posting it will just lead to more problems and you do not need the buyers permission to cancel an order if there are unforeseen issues.

Perhaps you need to remove certain countries from the relevant listings when offering region 4 items.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Maybe you can wait until the end of the week and then tell him that if you don't hear back from him you will cancel the order on Monday.

There is a setting in Windows (not only Windows 10) that allows to change the region, although this can only be done a limited number of times. The buyer might want to do this and then save the DVD in a playable format.

https://www.wikihow.com/Change-DVD-Drive-Region-Code-in-Windows-10

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Do Not send It! ... Firstly alot of US  TV's  are NTSC only same with their DVD players even if the are multi zone they wont play PAL encoded disc. Secondly you look like you are sending your DVDs air letter rate .They will be returned to you buy Australia post if your lucky ,as US now require a customs declaration attached to your package (came into effect April 21) .This will put it into a  air parcel rate around $25 for a 500 g package You cant send small items ,disc usb flat objects etc. via air mail letter only letters and documents

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I have cancelled the order and refunded the buyer as you suggested. I was planning to ship it if he didn't reply to my warnings, however I could foresee complications and wasted time ahead if he complained to eBay.

Thanks for your help.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply