Darn Coronavirus

The things that people are exploiting but obviously won't happen.

This is the highest bid I have so far seen.

Message 1 of 54
Latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Re: Darn Coronavirus

Thanks for finding it funny. 

I don't need toilet paper yet but went to buy paper towels only only the cheap coles 3 pack was left.

Message 41 of 54
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

We went to Woollies today. Zero toilet paper. Zero tissues. Very low stocks of paper towels and paper serviettes. Even then, the toilet paper aisle was chockers. Probably with panic buyers hoping to hoard more. Or those of us who actually needed to buy toilet paper! Thankfully IGA still had some left as did the Reject shop. We now have 3126 rolls of toilet paper! Sucks to be the panic buyers.

Apparently foods such as pasta, rice and bottled water are on the hit list. Plus, of all things, tomato sauce. Paracetamol is selling out fast too. 

Spoiler
Can someone please tell me WHY toilet paper is the most sought after item, for a disease that doesn't cause diarrhoea?

People in my area must be unusually rational. I've been to the local Woolworths twice this week, including yesterday evening, and nothing I was shopping for was out of stock or looking even close.

What I did notice was that that nothing was on special, and lots of food items were at higher prices than i'm used to. I don't suppose taking everything off special = price gouging, but I ended up delaying on some items because they were overly expensive.

WW and coles must realise that when this is all over there's going to be a  dip in demand for everything that people have stocked up on. I'd expect to see some aggressive discounting when that happens. That's when I might bulk buy   🙂

Message 42 of 54
Latest reply

I've been all over to all the woolies,coles,Aldi,reject shop and I still can't get any toilet paper,toothpaste,soap.

I'm **bleep** off at everything now to do with this issue.

I don't think woolies or the rest will have anything to worry about because us buggers that haven't been able to get anything will be right in there to buy up big when stocks are finally in haha.

Message 43 of 54
Latest reply

@twyngwyn wrote:
This could be our chance to UP our manufacturing & exports

Local production is "gearing" up and just got this in the mail from one of the supermarkets.good.gif

For example, the makers of Kleenex are now manufacturing 24 hours, 7 days a week at their Millicent, SA factory, as are Sorbent in their NSW and Victorian facilities. And the makers of Quilton have tripled their normal production across their factories in Queensland, NSW and WA.

It’s worth noting that the vast majority of products aren’t affected and most stores aren’t seeing significant shortages. But to make sure everyone has access to essential items, we’ve introduced some common-sense limits to a few products. We’ve limited toilet paper to 4 packs per transaction and large packs of rice (2kg and over) to 1 per transaction. Where available, hand sanitiser is now at the Customer Service Desk and limited to 2 per transaction.

Our town obviously is one off the ones affected as our local Woolies store only had three packets of

the don't buy carpy ones left.

It was so funny following in one lot that I knew would go to that section and they walked out with

two of those carpy ones.rofl.gif

Message 44 of 54
Latest reply

This thing can particularly affect older Toyotas. Luckily I've been stocking up on air filters. Imagine the mayhem if it were a Corollavirus!
Message 45 of 54
Latest reply

@daydreams_12 wrote:

I have just been to the P.O. for a friend to do some business for him.  Low and behold there were an unbelievable amount of people in there trying to post their very large parcels to Asia.  Yes, you guessed it "TOILET PAPER".  I was shocked to say the least.  While in the queue had a call from G daughter asking me to buy formula if I see it anywhere as she is having trouble finding what she needs.  No prize for guessing where most of it has gone!!!!!!!.

Sorry am a bit annoyed at the moment

G daughter might regret her decision to not use the inbuilt baby-feeding method?

Message 46 of 54
Latest reply

Not nice Dave!!

Despite best intentions not all mothers are able to use that method.....I could not.

I am just glad I did not have to contend with modern day supply problems.

Message 47 of 54
Latest reply

Ha ha ha ......thanks for the giggle.
Message 48 of 54
Latest reply

Check this one out 233518657474 it’s a Coronavirus survival pack which includes hand sanitizer, loo roll and a block of chocolate....lol
Message 49 of 54
Latest reply

if the item # is correct, it didn't 'survive' very long
Message 50 of 54
Latest reply