Do no wish to sell to .......

I do not wish to sell items to people in SA or TAS.  how do l set this up in the begining, before l start listing ?   thanx.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Do no wish to sell to .......

I don't believe you can discriminate against individual states of Australia, only individual countries. Would be interested to know if it is possible though. Am keen to know your reasoning though. Cheers.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

There was a thread about this recently. I will see if I can find the thread.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

@ultimatebookstore wrote:

I don't believe you can discriminate against individual states of Australia, only individual countries. Would be interested to know if it is possible though. Am keen to know your reasoning though. Cheers.

Thank you for the reply. I have seen on other ebay listings, and l quote, " Sorry l do not post to Tasmania or Western Australia."

No reason was given.

In answer to your question l have two reasons.

1st. Reason:

About 4 years ago l had two transactions here in Adelaide, where ebay ruled wholly in my favour in a Claim. Both persons unknown to each other came to my house and personally threatened my wife and myself with physical violence. We were in our late fifties. Next week my Council Recycling Bin suddenly "caught fire" about 4am. Passing SAPOL (Police) called the MFS. SAPOL could not prove that "they" were involved.

2nd. Reason:  I had years ago a lot of items that just got lost going to Tasmania.

I hope that this answers your questions, thank you for asking.

One option, it to state the above "Sorry l do not post to .........   .

Now with the new ebay rules on sending items, and the default issues, l would rather not take my chances.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Set it up via Business Policies

My ebay -> Account -> Business Policies

Exclude Postage Locations

Edit Exclusion List

Business Policy.jpg

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

You cannot just decide to restrict the areas you sell to.

If you look at the listings where the sellers state that they will not send to Tasmania or WA you will find that they are selling plants and seeds.  Quarantine restrictions prevent them from posting to WA and Tasmania..

You don't have to allow pick up of items so the buyers would not know your address

And there is no reason the think that this will happen again, just as there is no reason the think that Tasmanian mail will go missing any more often than mail to any other state.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

That info is not correct, under Business policies (payments, postage,returns) you can select areas in Australia,  you want to exclude, as shown in my post above.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

ummm, I read some post that said not everyone can access business policies ?

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

@curraone wrote:

ummm, I read some post that said not everyone can access business policies ?

You're right - as a small seller, I don't have access to business policies.

Logging into my accounts tab, there's nothing about business policies anywhere on the page, so presumably, it's only an option for those with stores?

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply