Do you think ebay is getting greedy charging 10 pecent

I sold something for 150 bucks plus 20 bucks postage... i got charge a 5 fee for what i dont know so i will get 165 in account of the 150 plus postage... ebay wants 17 bucks im not even sur what the 5 dollar fee is and it looks like they want a pecentage of the postage as well ... i think its getting rediculous at 5 pecent maybe 6 might be fair but i think its getting to dear.... And to top it off i havnt even been paid by ebay yet and they are wanting the money from the invoice wen they havent realesed the money to me ... was sold on the 5th of december and im still waiting for its release but they want the invoice money ...im like what the...

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

sue765
Community Member

I've beening selling on ebay for a little over a year now, I've seen some changes that I don't like for example the 10% fee on postage,

I don't think this is fair and yes I agree that ebay is getting greeding, especially when you don't sell the item at a high price it doesn't seem worth selling on ebay anymore.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay Greedy ??? no way all these charges are fair !!! NOT !!!!!!

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

catecoll
Community Member

Yes I think it is very greedy I have only just started selling - a few clothes that I have never worn or don't fit. I am asking next to nothing so I am not getting much and only using a prepaid envelope at cost. But am out of pocket with 4 fees, that is 2 value fees, a postage fee + an insertion fee, oh & paypal want a cut too???

What the???

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

The 9.9% fee charge has been around for a while now it's only relatively new being added to the postage cost but if you have been selling for a while now then you would know this is the case,it's just the same as GST on every day items that you buy,but charging it on postage is where ebay has gone too far.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Pretty soon they will be demanding exclusivity on supplying products to sellers so they can be resold on their website.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

ach01
Community Member

Yes, as if 10% on sale wasn't enough the additional fee levied on postage and handling is the ultimate in greed by eBay and is tantamount to an illegal tax on the P&H amount, especially when this amount is paid wholly to the Post Office etc.

I have been a Buyer and Seller on eBay for many years now (1999) and I'm afraid that with their latest grab for cash I am strongly considering not bothering to sell anything on eBay anymore. 

PS: The compulsory inclusion of PayPal as a payment 'option' when selling is another example of greed by eBay, who own PayPal.

ach01
Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

I think it sucks too, I truly do...........

But what it all boils down to is this

1. If you are new to selling you have agreed to the fee's when you singed up

2. If you are not new to selling, you have accepted the fee's by continuing to sell

3. And the most important - if you are not making money on eBay, you stop selling on eBay

Simples

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

GREED. is what ebay may not agree with but it does come across as simply greed.

there is no other reason behond fees on postage ( ebay since it started has always stated sellers must not profit on postage yet ebay themself are now racking in millions of dollars per month in profit from postage....

yes ebay prime ebjective is to make as much profit as possable for there share holders...

and as long as people continue to list and sell ebay (WONT OR WILL NEVER SEE THERE FEES ARE OVER PRICED).

many of sellers have now moved elsewhere and dont use ebay

for those that stayed and continue to list and use ebay really have nothing to complain about  because you choise to continue to feed ebays greed and allow ebay to continue to do as they please..

i closed my 2 selling id's at the end of october and since then have not brought any thing on ebay as im taking my own stand on there unfair ways..

im only one person and im sure ebay dont even notice nor care i no longer use there site to sell or buy...

many of those sellers that have left where also buyers that dont use this site anymore...

we all know of the few ebay kiss **bleep**s that coment on these forums to feed there own ago and no matter what ebay cant ever do any wrong and its these fools that show ebay the way to continue to place policys that for most sane people know are borderline criminal ...

everyone has two choises here use the site or dont

use the site and give into ebays demands.. if so dont complain after because they have added my policys or up there fees.

any person that claims ebay is fair and makes sellers feel welcome are surly insane////

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Yes!  Definetely.  Same happened to me - it's over the top.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply