Do you think ebay is getting greedy charging 10 pecent

I sold something for 150 bucks plus 20 bucks postage... i got charge a 5 fee for what i dont know so i will get 165 in account of the 150 plus postage... ebay wants 17 bucks im not even sur what the 5 dollar fee is and it looks like they want a pecentage of the postage as well ... i think its getting rediculous at 5 pecent maybe 6 might be fair but i think its getting to dear.... And to top it off i havnt even been paid by ebay yet and they are wanting the money from the invoice wen they havent realesed the money to me ... was sold on the 5th of december and im still waiting for its release but they want the invoice money ...im like what the...

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Do you think ebay is getting greedy charging 10 pecent +++

This thread is over three years old. eBay's fee structure has changed a bit since then.

But... eBay have been charging this for longer than that. Which means eBay are unlikely to change their fees (except up). How is it you've only just noticed?

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: Do you think ebay is getting greedy charging 10 pecent +++

Gee, the thread is old, and wow! Have we indeed seen some changes Dave. Although, I'm talking longer than three years I guess.

But look, it really comes down to this. We all joined eBay as sellers and agreed to their prevailing terms and conditions. And whilst there was no mention of prices escalating, we all know that happens. Extremely rarely does the price of anything go down, especially in circumstances where shareholders are looking for ROI as well.

We all started here eyes wide open, I hope, and whilst our margins are important to us, the fact is that if we can't mark these costs into our product and still be successful, then we shouldn't be here. It's tough, I know, but it's no good building your dream home next to an airport and then complaining about it.

It is what it is and it won't change, at least for the better.

Just get on with biz. I wish you all well.

Melina.

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply