Do you think people really are this dumb?

I'm unable to tell because the seller has their feedback items listed as private so I don't know if anyone really does buy their iPod Touch's.

I just noticed it because I'm selling my 6gen iPod Touch 32GB, they are available new from Apple for $299 including free delivery, but there is a large seller on ebay who sells used ones for more than than, and they are selling new ones for...wait for it... $429, and to add insult to injury they add another $15 delivery fee!

I looked at their feedback to see if they really do get away with this or it's some kind of other ploy, but as I said, they hide their items sales from view. I guess it helps me as it makes my one look cheap by comparison.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Do you think people really are this dumb?

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If their feedback is Private then they are not selling at the moment.

It sounds like ebay may have stepped in and stopped them from selling.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Lyndal, If the feedback shows as private means they have the listing set to private and does not mean ebay have stepped in at all and thus no item shows what the feedback was left for.

If a seller has private feedback then they can not list till it is made public.

Unfortunately a lot of buyers do not know how to search for the best price and if the seller gets the big amounts then more luck to them.

Other than that you only need to worry about your listings and hope people search for the best price hoping it is yours.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

See this thread here about giftcards and I think you'll find the answer to the question you pose! ๐Ÿ˜„

Spoiler
Yes, buyers can be that dumb!

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

@sea.breeze wrote:

I'm unable to tell because the seller has their feedback items listed as private so I don't know if anyone really does buy their iPod Touch's.

If you wanted to, you can check the last 60 days by viewing all of their items and setting it to show sold listings (refine by using the word "touch" in search and it will show you any products they sold with the word 'touch' in the title, in the last 60 days). 

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Some buyers get a buzz out of buying/bidding lol,they don't care about the price as long as they win it lol.

Every catergory has the same items that range from low to high prices and if a seller sells the item for way more than another seller with a lower price then it's great for that seller that sells it at a high price and not so great for the seller with the lower price.

Never sell anything at a price that you're not happy with so perhaps you could have started your listing higher than you did?

And it's no point in crying spilt milk and getting uptight about other sellers,if you can't beat em then join them haha.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks Sparklz.....I misread the OP.  I took it that the feedback was Private, not that the Listings were Private.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply