Does anyone out there seriously believe EBAY are changing the payment system for the greater good

These changes will not be in the sellers interest.

They will solely be in EBAYs interest only.

Expect higher fees

Message 1 of 71
Latest reply
70 REPLIES 70

Re: Does anyone out there seriously believe EBAY are changing the payment system for the greater goo

My fees were 10.9% ebay plus 2.9% PayPal = 13.8%

Now fees are 13.4% = 0.4% less in fees = lower fees

Message 51 of 71
Latest reply

Re: Does anyone out there seriously believe EBAY are changing the payment system for the greater goo

@diymotocare wrote:
  • I sure have. The net effect is higher fees. It is a slight increase, however I would have preferred a more transparent and clearly laid out implementation of 'managed payments'. 

So you didn't bother to read what the MP fees are. And that is who's fault? You've been a slow-selling member for over 18 years and you haven't learnt to read the not-so-fine print?

Says something.

Message 52 of 71
Latest reply

I was simply stating that my fees are now slightly higher, for the benefit of other users. 

I'm not quite sure what the point of your comment was, telling me 'I only have myself to blame'. Seriously, what's your point? It's a completely unnecessary, redundant and unhelpful comment. 

If you're not going to be helpful or constructive, telling others they have 'themselves'

to blame serves no point other than to denigrate and incite.

I won't respond to anymore of your comments, frankly I don't have the time. Best of luck, cheers

Message 53 of 71
Latest reply

pfffttt.jpg

Message 54 of 71
Latest reply

Fees & options were clearly stated in the survey (all higher than current fees) that EB 'selected' me to take & then I've also spoken to a Supervisor in that EB section, who gave me the info I posted in response to the orginal post .. I'm waiting for my email to register for MP, so it'll be interesting to see if there's full disclosure in what is expected to be signed/agreed to. 

Message 55 of 71
Latest reply

Well, I have more than one page on EB & they didn't appear in a'thing I saw on site or received from EB .. were they sent out via EB mail or placed in some Community Board? All I've ever got was a survey & that was multiple choice with no space to comment.

Message 56 of 71
Latest reply

So they get paypal %. My % hasn't changed it just all goes to ebay now.

Also a coincidence paypal start a selling service
Ebay a few weeks later start a payment service
Message 57 of 71
Latest reply

It also not clear - its behind a button why isn't it on a square in myebay summary pages?
Message 58 of 71
Latest reply

Much higher fees. For example cash on pick up has increased a massive 23% on what it was. For cash on pick up i could get a 10.9% fee now i'll have a 13.4% fee. Goodbye ebay for cash on pick up.
Don't lose sight of the real fees either. If i sell a $25 item and the postage is $8.65 i will end up with $20.49. In reality Ebay have taken a massive 18%. That's absurd for a corrupt farce with pathetic customer service in every way.
Time to transition.

Message 59 of 71
Latest reply

Why would you even advertise cash on pick up here? There are better platforms for that.....

Message 60 of 71
Latest reply