Does anyone out there seriously believe EBAY are changing the payment system for the greater good

These changes will not be in the sellers interest.

They will solely be in EBAYs interest only.

Expect higher fees

Message 1 of 71
Latest reply
70 REPLIES 70

Re: Does anyone out there seriously believe EBAY are changing the payment system for the greater goo

Since no one has actually said this yet, I guess I will - it ain't like I haven't been accused of working for ebay and / or being an ebay apologist and or just defending them as some kind of mindless crossbreed between a lemming and a sheeple (a shlemming? leeple?) plenty of times before. 

Having a single payment processor that is equipped to handle multiple payment types that PayPal can't actually does have some benefits, you know? There are some payment types that PayPal can only do with an in-person card reader that Adyen can do online - some of these aren't all that big or popular now, and potential percentage increases might be minimal on a per-payment option basis, but there is far greater potential with Adyen as a processor than there ever could be with PayPal, and having eBay managing it means you only sign up for managed payments, not 20 different payment processors / providers. 

We've lost manual payments, but I wouldn't be surprised if a faster version of echeques eventually becomes available (i.e. instant bank transfer, subject to fees, unfortunately, but for buyers they'd have eBay protections). 

Are there downsides? Yes. Are all my concerns assuaged? No. So I'm not quite the one sticking my hand up to say "it's for the greater good", but the doomer outlook is getting a bit old, lol. 

Message 71 of 71
Latest reply