Does saying in title 'Free Shipping' increase the amount that people look(and buy,) the item?

fmun59
Community Member

I'm thinking of adding this to all my listings because wouldn't more buyers be attracted to buying the listing more then? (Just to ask should I add it if nationally I shep for free but if I do international shipping that can't be an option so should I add it then?)

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Does saying in title 'Free Shipping' increase the amount that people look(and buy,) the item?

@arctoph_49 wrote:

I totally agree that the OP's listings are inaccurate and that he or she should worry more about other problems. I didn't say they are otherwise good.

You really didn't say much at all - other than to go after me. lol

Edited to say : Again. LOL

Message 21 of 27
Latest reply

Re: Does saying in title 'Free Shipping' increase the amount that people look(and buy,) the item?

I know that, whenever I put in the upc it automatically puts in the genres and it considers the Beatles as 'oldies' which is strange due to them not being even more than 60 years old but idk🤷

Message 22 of 27
Latest reply

thanks for the advice. how so would I be able to improve the listings?

Message 23 of 27
Latest reply

Well - for a start - take the first CD.

The only ' description ' - is  a cut & paste of content.

Given it's a 1991 CD - titled ' New Case '- raises a few flags for me - why did it need a new case - the contents are as old as the original case.

Three photos - front - rear - opened - but it's a 1991 CD - obviously it has been removed from the case on previous occasions - remove it and photograph both the front and rear.

You leave yourself open to - a ' damaged ' item if the buyer says the rear is scratched etc.

In this case you pay for return postage or say goodbye to the item and the money.

A little more time and effort into pics & written description.

Message 24 of 27
Latest reply

fmun59
Community Member

Thanks for the advice but one thing I do have to say. I've photographed the rear before of the cd. The only problem is that it is hard to take a picture showing the cd properly without light reflecting from the disc. That's one of the main reasons for most people that sell cds on ebay don't take a picture of the back is due to that. But I do get with what you're saying.

Message 25 of 27
Latest reply

Agreed - there will always be reflecting light - but the fact there is a pic - showing the back - is extra cover.

A pic with no visible scratches - a buyer would have to provide similar pics - showing any damage - they are claiming.

I just took  this with a 5 year old tablet - bit of light - but no scratches.

20230813_161421.jpg

20230813_161805.jpg

The first is outside natural light - the second the living room coffee table.

But then again thinking - sheesh - they could take a pic of a totally different disc - claiming it was the one received.

It's a blaardy minefield - good luck & just give it your best shot.

Message 26 of 27
Latest reply

Thanks I will.

Message 27 of 27
Latest reply