Don't go on holidays

I have been on holidays.All my listings stated that I was away until 11/1/18.I returned 2 days early.

there were 7 sales, which I posted on 10/1/18.

because I was penalised last time I had a holiday, I rang ebay to say I had posted all items . I have been told I will  have my seller dashboard penalised.

Can any kind ebayer tell me how to stop this happening , please

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Don't go on holidays

Put your store in holiday mode when you're on holidays.

If you don't have staff to run it, you shouldn't be trading when you can't fulfil your commitments to your customers.

As you have experienced this before, why did you think it would be different this time? eBay works with bots, not people. If you send late, you get a defect. Simples.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

You have to extend your handling time for when you return.

You can't leave that up to ebay.

It's up to you to do that.

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

As an aside, please change that butterfly logo.

It did my eyes in.

Just sayin'

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Why pay for a store if you're not going to use one of the best features - holiday mode?

I usually turn on holiday mode a few days before I go away as this means I'm not running around doing orders when I need to be packing and relaxing.

In the holiday mode settings there are 2 buttons - one button lets you set the date you'll be back, the other button gives you the option of hiding your BIN listings so nothing can be purchased.

This is the safest way to ensure you won't get any defects.

And please remove that dreadful blurry butterfly header - it's really off putting.

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Hi I did use holiday settings allowing an extra 2 days. Thank you for your suggestion re hiding listings. I will do that .As to my butterfly logo, thank you for your comments, i am sure you meant it kindly.I have removed the butterfly.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

I did do that but it made no difference.I will hide listings next time, and request no store fees from ebay, Thank you
Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Really did not realise the butterfly logo was offensive. thank you for your help

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

@lmckec2009 wrote:

Hi I did use holiday settings allowing an extra 2 days. Thank you for your suggestion re hiding listings. I will do that .As to my butterfly logo, thank you for your comments, i am sure you meant it kindly.I have removed the butterfly.

This is not clear to me.

Is this the amount of time you extended your handling time?

Cos an extension of 2 days is not enough obviously.

Extended to 2 days after you get back would be the idea.

The dreaded butterfly is still there.

Hiding your listings won't make the store cheaper.

You still have to pay for the subscription for the month.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

@lmckec2009 wrote:

Really did not realise the butterfly logo was offensive. thank you for your help

It's not, it's just absolutely huge and at a really low resolution. If a buyer clicks to visit your store, it's all they see on the page. 

The blurriness can actaully affect people in a physical way (i.e. attempting to focus on it can cause things like mild nausea and headaches), but more than that, it takes up a quarter of the page and you need to scroll down before being able to see anything of your actual shop, so it's likely detracting from your store and even potentially affecting sales. 

It looks like it's been uploaded as a banner (called billboard on the edit store page), so you'd need to remove or replace it there - an image that's 1200 x 270 is the recommended size for a billboard. I can see the original image was much smaller (by opening it directly in a new tab) so it was enlarged significantly in order to be displayed.  

If you'd still like to use it as your billboard, I took the liberty of making this banner that you can save and upload - the butterfly is at its original size, just on a white background that's 1200 x 270, and you can add anything else you like if desired:

butterfly billboard.jpg

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply