Drop in sales in last week or so?

I have had a noticable drop in sales in the last couple weeks. My sales usually fluctuate, but this lull is a bit more than just a lull.

From what I can tell it has nothing to do with changes eBay has made to ratings systems, or anything of that sort. My listings remain unchanged, my competitors listings seem the same. I was never topping any search results anyway. There have been no price changes. In short nothing has changed, just the number of sales.

The drop has been between 50% and 95% from day to day.

I'm really not that fussed about it, just seems very weird and was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: Drop in sales in last week or so?

Yes I have noticed it as well - not much happening.

Now school holidays in Vic are here, so usually a very quiet time.

Message 11 of 30
Latest reply

Today (Sunday) has been ok, yesterday was ok, while not good but ok.

Message 12 of 30
Latest reply

totally agree with you bosswild.  things did pick up a little, then declined likely due to the hack.  I posted in the selling forum also about ebay being so boring due to lack of sales, and got some constructive criticism regarding several  of my outdated listing terms....(& a little not so constructive!).

Message 13 of 30
Latest reply

@rosiegrinsel wrote:

Yes, I have experienced the same 'dead in the water' sales result this week.

In my case, hardly any sales since Monday 15th September.

If, as others say, there is a problem with the phone app, then I can understand.

In my experience, many more people buy on eBay on their phone, than on computers these days.

How do I know this ??

On most of my items (first name meaning scrolls), I have galleries of background pictures underneath the main pic, as alternative choices to the main item's background picture.

It seems that these galleries are not visable on phone screens, and so the buyers choice is limited to the main picture.

It is only rarely that I get a buyer who makes a choice of background picture from the galleries these days.

On mobile phone eBay app all gallery pics are very easy to view and scroll through.  Easier than on a computer as you can pinch screen to get fantastic closeup views.

You don't have that many listings that have more than the single gallery picture - as far as I can see.

Some photos embedded in the listings themselves are harder to view as a single page if the listing is not mobile optimised.

Message 14 of 30
Latest reply

I've had items listed on ebay from 2 years ago and still not selling my stock turnover is one sale a month!. FREE Shipping and make an offer and still no good. So many watchers and yet I still don't know who they are...

Message 15 of 30
Latest reply

Have you tried running some of them as auctions? It's surprising how many buyers still prefer the 'thrill' of an auction. I'd start them at the same price you have them listed for. 

Message 16 of 30
Latest reply

Thankyou for your reply.

However I have 36 listings and in 22 of those I have from 2 to 12 photos in the galleries of each.

Re: Galleries being visable on phone screens...

My daugher is a big eBay user and we cannot see the galleries on her iphone.

My comments are based upon that, AND the majority of buyers selecting only the main picture shown.

(Sometimes I am even asked if I have any other backgrounds available)

Therefore I am finding the galleries a waste of time and in the process of listing each one seperately.

I have also rung eBay support several time re this and they have not disputed that the galleries are not visable on phone screens.

So it is a bit of a mystery.... 

Message 17 of 30
Latest reply

??? I think we are talking at odds here.

Photos selected AND uploaded to eBay with a listing ARE viewable via the eBay app on an i-phone. 

As you don't believe me I have attached screenshots of the photos for one of your very few listings that has more than one photo.

It might be that the format you are uploading photos is the issue, as both photos 1 & 2 are of the same background. The photos may not be to the standard and file format eBay requires ??

136.PNG   137.PNG

Message 18 of 30
Latest reply

I am glad that you are able to see them on your phone and hope that others are able to, as well.

I did make a mistake by uploading the same pic twice on that one, so I have removed the extra one.

HOWEVER I do not know why you insist that there are VERY FEW of my listings that have more than one photo.

I have just told you that 22  (now 21) of my 36 (actually 39) listings have galleries of up to 12 photos.

I can only assume that perhaps you can't see them all on your phone?

ANYWAY please don't bother to answer.   I didn't get on to this forum to argy bargy with anyone.

Thank you again for your valuable input.

Cheers

Message 19 of 30
Latest reply

I am not giving you "argy bargy"

I was attempting to identify the issue of your photos not showing, and assist you to rectify based on the issues you posted about.

Based on your item title in an early post I looked through the listings that had title, a number of which only have one gallery photo.

I did this on my desktop computer on a couple of browers, on an iphone and an android phone - to try and identify if there was a particular problem due to the browser or device.

My mistake, I certainly won't try and assist you again.

Message 20 of 30
Latest reply