Community Member
EBAY FEES ARE RIDICULOUS !!! 500% INCREASE
ITS INSANE! WHAT IS GOING ON ?
SOLD SPA LAST MONTH FOR $4000 AND PAID $80 IN FEES
SOLD SPA YESTERDAY FOR $4000 AND PAID $320.01 IN FEES
EBAY HAS LOST THE PLOT
YET YOU CAN SELL A CAR FOR $50000 AND PAY $40 IN FEES
OR A BOAT FOR $40000 AND PAY $48 IN FEES
SOMETHING NEEDS TO GET DONE ABOUT IT. COME ON SELLERS, WE CANNOT CONTINUE IF THEY CLOBBER US WITH FEES LIKE THIS. SPEAK UP !
WE HAVE TO PAY EBAY LISTING FEES, PAYPAL FEES, AND NOW THESE INSANE FINAL VALUE FEES. HOW CAN SELLERS AFFORD TO LOOSE MONEY. BUYERS ARE NOT SPENDING MORE, THEY ARE SPENDING LESS. YET WE THE SELLERS GET CLOBBERED ALL THE TIME WITH FEES. THESE FEES NEED TO CHANGE.
Message 1 of 52
Latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

EBAY FEES ARE RIDICULOUS AND OUT OF CONTROL

I look Pete, just waiting for you to list Phantoms by Dean Koontz and you'll be seeing me snapping it up:-p

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 21 of 52
Latest reply

Where are the alternative auction sites?

Google shows a few - they come and go. Pity that there are no buyers there, but you get what you pay for I guess.

Message 22 of 52
Latest reply

u.s.s.p
Community Member

Ebay fees ARE too much now.. like everybody.. its getting harder and harder to make an living. its not just the Shops that are doing it tough with  landlords that are being pressured to increase rents to to common power cost increases, rates increases, carbon tax, insurance etc.. all USELESS fees.. that don't produce a thing.. yet ebay thinks a 100% store increase come sept 15 is justified because "online retailing is growing".. well it wil GROW regardless of ebay .. and without my local imput now too after 3-4 years.. not that we sold much or wanted too but it helped publise is a bit. not . $49.80 or so a month.. PLUS.. listing fees, selling fees, paypal fees.. For petes sake.. they are taking like 20% off the top of smaller sales.. and there is not 20% to take..

Ebay.. PULL YOU BELT IN TOO.. (not shouting..).. make us proud.. and reduce the fees.. INVITE particapation not counter it wtih greed. Macquarie Bank just had to reduce all Sydney Airport fees and carpark charges.. now give away cups of coffee and a paper for those taking up the cheaper parking because.. people voted with their feet.. or in my case.. just closed the account.. not worth the trouble..

Pitty nobody in any power level or with balls will read  this at ebay management.. Greed it NOT good..

Message 23 of 52
Latest reply

Lol this thread is nearly a year old and the fees have become MUCH lower since the OP. Now they are going to rise by a very small amount per month again but will still be less than they were when this thread started unless you list too few items to make a store economically viable or you only sell books and media. The latter are the only people I feel sorry for where fees are concerned as they get the store rise hike without any listing/fvf changes.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 24 of 52
Latest reply

aussie-dvd
Community Member

I will say one thing and will keep it short:

You are the one to continues to sell, so since you do you accept the fees, if you dont like the fees, then dont sell - simple as that

But just remember, moust auction houses whether its for cars, household goods or whatever, they take 20% and some add the 10% GST on top of that as well as credit card charges

Message 25 of 52
Latest reply

Can't we start another site in australia and call it something else like justsell Australia . Screw ebay
I sold a Star Wars figure for $300 , got slugged $36 .Didnt see it coming.
Was going to sell my whole collection , won't be now on greedy ebay , not now. Will wait for an alternative site to come along.
Message 26 of 52
Latest reply

Message 27 of 52
Latest reply

you dug up a 5 year old thread to say that? 

this "alternative site" you speak of already exists. if you're going to sell on ebay, you must realise that there are fees involved. it's one of the first things most people selling would check Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 52
Latest reply

@roberramsdal0 wrote:
Can't we start another site in australia and call it something else like justsell Australia . Screw ebay
I sold a Star Wars figure for $300 , got slugged $36 .Didnt see it coming.
Was going to sell my whole collection , won't be now on greedy ebay , not now. Will wait for an alternative site to come along.

You could be waiting awhile and like all collectables, they come and go. Prices rise to dizzy heights as everyone piles into the latest hot or tendy thing. They then tend to tail off and fall again as they overshoot " fair value" and people look for a more affordable hobby or follow the new " latest thing''. .

Message 29 of 52
Latest reply

zack169
Community Member
Yeah it's kinda bull**bleep**
Message 30 of 52
Latest reply