EBAY JUST DON'T HAVE THE CUSTOMER BASE

I have been looking at various blogs AND here in the ebay community, assuming that there is in fact an ebay community (lol).

We sell on 5 selling platforms and have found that our ebay sales are hugely depleted with the other 4 platforms performing very well.

Our prices are the same in all 5 platforms (including ebay), so ebay has to be the problem.

Before we totally can ebay, I thought I might first put this out there.

Cheers

Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: EBAY JUST DON'T HAVE THE CUSTOMER BASE

Interesting link.

One issue discussed on there was the relevancy of what comes up in search results.

I have to say, ebay is much better than Amazon with this. I have had the frustrating experience on Amazon of typing in an exact & distinctive book title, only to have it come up with books that had virtually nothing in common with my search.

At least I have never had that happen on ebay.

Message 31 of 36
Latest reply

Just sold a bulk lot of stock, most of which was originally destined for ebay. Was hoping for around $40 K , but it ended up selling for well over $50 K. That's a big chunk of my stock that has gone elsewhere.

Not telling what system I used to sell it, but had a huge response in offering it to the market .  It shows there are still plenty of buyers with deep pockets out there for quality items, they're just not as active on ebay as they where a year or two ago.

Message 32 of 36
Latest reply

That's a great result, chameleon.

Message 33 of 36
Latest reply

Thanks springy. Many of the items I sold where some of the best, top shelf collectibles I have been stashing for years.  They are certainly much harder to find than ten years ago which helps to explain the interest we received.  

The buyers are definately still out there with money to spend. They just dont seem to be frequenting ebay like they used too. If eBay wont change its direction, individual sellers will need to take things into their own hands and respond in a way which suits them if they are to remain financially viable.

Message 34 of 36
Latest reply

what other platforms do you sell on ?

Message 35 of 36
Latest reply

Many

Message 36 of 36
Latest reply