EBAY RIP OFF ON POSTAGE COMMISSION

I have 5 ebay selling accounts and pay ebay handsomely every month when monthly invoices roll around.

This latest B/S is a joke and will simply mean the buyers are going to pay more. When buyers pay more, they buy less.

I have already noticed stand alone web sites are selling products cheaper than a lot of items on ebay, because they are not coughing up more than 10% of the sale price in fees, a turn around from a few years ago.

I'm hoping this rip off move motivates a number of sellers to make the move to Quicksales.com.au and raise its profile.

They charge 0% on sales- that 0% totally free and are a subsidiary of the 2.3 billion dollar carsales.com.au. so it's not like

they are ameteurs or new to selling platforms.

Ebay are way to big for their boots and it seems that we just keep taking the **bleep** they dish out to the very people that got them to where they are.

FEEBAY do not pay for my packaging materials, they don't wrap my parcels, they don't book couriers and they don't deal with my customers that have freight/ shipping issues when a parcel is late or lost, so why the hell should they be getting 10% of the postage cost. Can I refer inquiring customers to ebay if they have a freight issue, even if it's only 10% of the customers?

So they will now be double dipping when they also charge the 2.4% on item price AND postage when a customer pays via paypal which is 99% of them + 30 cents per transaction.

Who gives a stuff about the Auspost discount - I don't use them because the prices are way too high compared to couriers.

I paid a courier $53 dollars to send a heavy parcel to WA last week, the Auspost quote was $91. How does a 10% on postage help me? The joke being of course that Auspost will deliver items that have come from overseas for $1 as per the international postal agreement.

I may be complaining like an ass but I will be offering an alternative to Paypal (Paymate) and I will start selling my wares in other places, but this needs to be enmasse to make any impact on feebay.

EBAY SUCKS (you dry)

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: EBAY RIP OFF ON POSTAGE COMMISSION

Done - already on 3 other places plus my own website!!! Will stay here as well, but not happy!!!

Message 2 of 27
Latest reply

I've been selling for 10 years on eBay.  The total fees including PayPal once this new eBay fee structure is implemented will be over 20%.  It's nothing but greed from a billion dollar company with Swiss bank accounts.  I don't know of any other auction room that charges fees on postage and to be honest I'm over it and will be looking at other sites like Ruby Lane, Quicksales etc that have the volume of buyers and look after sellers.  After all it's the sellers who provide eBay's massive profits, something eBay needs to remember.

Message 3 of 27
Latest reply

Yep....no more ebay for me either!  One item on there right now and that's the very last!!!  

Message 4 of 27
Latest reply

Exactly. My domestics average postage costs are $15 because I sell biggish items, and overseas postage costs are $35, some more, some less.
Scares me that I will now be paying $3-5 to ebay on just the postage costs. Bye bye sales is what I am thinking.
Message 5 of 27
Latest reply

I agree Quicksales.com.au is free from fees and i did & still do OK over there.

problem is the many glitches on the site makes working so frustrating. if the admins over there worked on fixing them ill return there in a heart beat. my listings expire here in two days & i wont be doing any new listings. with these new fees plus on top aussie post is due in the next few days to raise there postage its only going to slow if not stop people buying on line. i wouldn't mind the extra fvf if we all got to play on a equal playing feild but we get so flooded with chiness **bleep** (which you can buy most of it at the local $2.00 shop) pushes our listings so far away many of buyer have to spend hours searching to find it. 

Message 6 of 27
Latest reply

I've started selling on quicksales but I doesn't have enough market penetration its a David vs Goliath situation. Given ebay's recent postage fee fisaco it may encourge users to jump aboard.

Message 7 of 27
Latest reply

I also listed one item on Quicksales just to see how it compares. Unfortunately have only had one click/view since Friday in comparison to ebay where I would have had at least 1 view within 5 mins of listing. Going to leave the listing up there and see how it goes as ebay has also been slow for me this weekend. I am a small seller and sell low value items so don't want to offer free postage on everything as I like to offer combined postage. Postage doubles the price of an item if not combined. It is also bad timing with Postage costs going up in April and then this new ebay charge in May. It is no good the sellers moving to another auction site if the buyers don't move with them and since the only communication you have with them (outside of ebay) is when sending their goods......

Ah well moan over, have a good weekend everyone 

Message 8 of 27
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am moving to Quicksales too - this commission on postage will  be the death of my small business (which I adore doing).

All Ebay cares about is making money.  Profits for 2013 where $2.86 billion.  

Message 9 of 27
Latest reply

I have 1300 listings on QS and 1000 here. Unfortunately my QS sales, at a lower price to allow for the lack of fees, over the last 12 months are 10. Versus about 600 here, for more.

I am happy for other sellers to list on QS, but be aware that the traffic there is a lot less than here. And we need buyers more than sellers, so bring your buyers.

Message 10 of 27
Latest reply