EBAY'S NEW HEALTH CHECK - I think it is seriously SICK!!

Just received eBay's latest assistance to sellers *Ebay's NEW HEALTH CHECK* .

This may be old news but they are moving timed BUY IT NOW and will move all my listings to GOOD TIL CANCELLED. Well that is not what I want but then again we have no say. 

This does not suit me for many reasons with something new I like to use 10 days as an option. The rest are 30 day listings which gives me the option to adjust the listings if they are not attracting buyers or watches. I will sometimes group them with other items etc. 

I find the 30 day listings far more manageable for my business needs. 

So if all fixed listings are good til cancelled I dare say the next step will be for those with ebay stores will be reduced with the amount of fixed listings in their subscription. 

Good til cancelled also means there will be a hell of a lot of old stock on there for years or if I remember correctly they were bringing in limited time for listings.

I have had my vent but OH SO FRUSTRATING makes me wonder why I am doing this. 

Message 1 of 374
Latest reply
373 REPLIES 373

Re: EBAY'S NEW HEALTH CHECK - I think it is seriously SICK!!

The only month on which we won't lose out will be February.
Message 11 of 374
Latest reply

From ebay themselves:

Make sure to keep an eye on your total listings.

It is starting to smell.

Message 12 of 374
Latest reply

But day 31 will be considered as a roll over on the 40 if they are inserted on day 1

If I am calculating it wrong let me know.

Message 13 of 374
Latest reply

OK - I've just re-read ebay's email...

'Weโ€™ll automatically convert your current short-duration, fixed-price listings to Good โ€˜Til Cancelled, where youโ€™ve scheduled them to relist.'

Sooooo - if you're not using the automatic relist feature (which I don't) - your listings should remain 30 day listing then expire???

Message 14 of 374
Latest reply

If you've got more than 40 listings it won't matter how many days there are in the month. If you've only got 40 listings, just make sure you don't have anything starting or rolling over on the 1st (and then again on the 31st). If you do have anything due to roll over on the 31st, just end it and relist it the next month.

Speaking with my buying hat on, I think it's a fantastic idea. I gave up looking in some categories long ago because the same things were listed over and over (some every 5 days) and I had to wade through the same listings to find the brand new ones. That'll no longer be the case, unless people constantly end and relist their items.

Speaking with my selling hat on, I don't rely too much on being seen in newly listed because I get more sales in the middle of a cycle than at the start or end, presumably thanks to ebay advertising my items on similar listings.
Message 15 of 374
Latest reply

I don't think that is what will happen all term fixed listings will disappear and you will only be able to list GTC. Those you have scheduled will go to GTC with the current listings. 

They way I have understood the message as term Fixed Price listings will be NO longer.

Message 16 of 374
Latest reply

@minimum_56 wrote:

OK - I've just re-read ebay's email...

'Weโ€™ll automatically convert your current short-duration, fixed-price listings to Good โ€˜Til Cancelled, where youโ€™ve scheduled them to relist.'

Sooooo - if you're not using the automatic relist feature (which I don't) - your listings should remain 30 day listing then expire???

Going on what they've stated, your 30 day listings without AR on them will stay on 30 days but only until they end.  After that you'll have to relist them as auction or GTC because the option to list fixed-price on 30 days will no longer exist after 19 Feb. 

Weโ€™re moving all fixed-price listings to Good โ€˜Til Cancelled. That means short-duration options wonโ€™t be available for new fixed-price listings from 19 February. 

Message 17 of 374
Latest reply

If you read on..........

The length of time you can list for depends on the listing format and listing tool you choose:

Listing duration options with the Quick listing tool:

Auction-style โ€“ 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10 days
Fixed price โ€“ Good 'Til Cancelled
Listing duration options with the Advanced listing form:

Auction-style โ€“ 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10 days
Fixed price โ€“ 3, 5, 7, 10, 30 days and Good 'Til Cancelled

which tells me only if you use the relist auto feature will you not be able to have them on with the 9 free relists. BUT its ebay so who knows if they even know what they mean

Message 18 of 374
Latest reply

I've never had the free relists available to me anyway & I prefer control over what & when I list & relist.

I wonder where TL fits into the listing tools...
I know it's going the way of the dodo - but until then - I'm still happily using it!!

Message 19 of 374
Latest reply

Brace yourself, the aforementioned higher fees for "stale" listings are coming....

I might just be cynical, but it was my first thought when I read it. If a listing gets older and not much interest, eBay "may" charge a seller additional "upkeep" fees to keep it listed on the site. What better way to ensure as many stale listings as possible than to introduce a system where BIN listings don't end except manually? 

I had a look recently at what eBay deem to be my "underperforming" listings. One of them is one of my best sellers, selling several a week, and with no other seller having it. Good one eBay. Smiley Frustrated

I wonder if this will cause a resurgance in auctions (and how they'll do if it does). 

Message 20 of 374
Latest reply