EBAY'S NEW HEALTH CHECK - I think it is seriously SICK!!

Just received eBay's latest assistance to sellers *Ebay's NEW HEALTH CHECK* .

This may be old news but they are moving timed BUY IT NOW and will move all my listings to GOOD TIL CANCELLED. Well that is not what I want but then again we have no say. 

This does not suit me for many reasons with something new I like to use 10 days as an option. The rest are 30 day listings which gives me the option to adjust the listings if they are not attracting buyers or watches. I will sometimes group them with other items etc. 

I find the 30 day listings far more manageable for my business needs. 

So if all fixed listings are good til cancelled I dare say the next step will be for those with ebay stores will be reduced with the amount of fixed listings in their subscription. 

Good til cancelled also means there will be a hell of a lot of old stock on there for years or if I remember correctly they were bringing in limited time for listings.

I have had my vent but OH SO FRUSTRATING makes me wonder why I am doing this. 

Message 1 of 374
Latest reply
373 REPLIES 373

Re: EBAY'S NEW HEALTH CHECK - I think it is seriously SICK!!

So I wonder if you get the 8 free auto relists for auctions with BUY IT NOw option.

Message 31 of 374
Latest reply

Not with GTC.
Message 32 of 374
Latest reply

Who knows what lurks in the mind of mindless people?

Message 33 of 374
Latest reply

Ebay must think we have nothing better to do when they suggest we can edit them back to 30 day listings. Yeah right 400 to edit every month. 

If that is the case I dare say it won't be for long. Ebay will soon block that as well. 

Seriously I not sure what they are trying to achieve.  A big disadvantage to sellers in my mind.  The option for GTC was always there but I was not interested at all and going by some of the responses not many were. 

Message 34 of 374
Latest reply

I really don't want to do good with cancelled, but that then limits non store sellers to 40 per month.

I really think auctions are outdated, but if they have 8 free auto re-lists they might be ok if you can oput a buy bit now feature, but that has to be so may % above the listed auction price, from memory? Haven't used auctions in a long time, so not really up to speed with them, but looks like i might be again!

Message 35 of 374
Latest reply

@6508.froggy wrote:

Ebay must think we have nothing better to do when they suggest we can edit them back to 30 day listings. Yeah right 400 to edit every month. 

If that is the case I dare say it won't be for long. Ebay will soon block that as well. 

Seriously I not sure what they are trying to achieve.  A big disadvantage to sellers in my mind.  The option for GTC was always there but I was not interested at all and going by some of the responses not many were. 

It's another stage in their Amazonification program.

Message 36 of 374
Latest reply

pnc75
Community Member

If only there was another viable selling option forcasual sellers of personal items. Sigh.

Message 37 of 374
Latest reply

My issue with the GTC changes:

I have a store with 1500 free listings per month, over that I pay insertion fees. I usually have around 3000 items listed. I no longer have the free relist option because I went over the threshold ages ago. So my items end every month and I relist them in specific order to save fees. I list the non media first then the media items because they are only 6c insertion fee. If they are all changed to GTC I will have no control over which items I get charged insertion fees for (and I can guess which ones it will be). This potentially increases my insertion fees (above my free allocation) from approximately $90 per month to $330.

Message 38 of 374
Latest reply

pnc75
Community Member

This now explains why the Remove auto free relist disappeared from the drop down menu on the selling page - all in preparation for this - just to make it harder for us.

Methinks there will be a LOT of unsuspecting sellers who just dismissed this email as more advertising spam, and who don't read here, who will go on as usual. What a bill they're going to get hit with. What a killing ebay is going to make. 

Message 39 of 374
Latest reply

Agreed.

Except that, as we sell mainly low value items, we don't want to pay any extra insertion fees, and thus choose which to relist and which to leave for another time.

Naturally we also like to list new items to keep our regular buyers interested.

Now we'll be spending hours each month ending the listings we don't want to relist straight away.

Ending them the day before they roll over will also mean we miss out on the buyers who like to search by "ending soonest", and we do have a few of them.
Message 40 of 374
Latest reply