EBAY'S NEW HEALTH CHECK - I think it is seriously SICK!!

Just received eBay's latest assistance to sellers *Ebay's NEW HEALTH CHECK* .

This may be old news but they are moving timed BUY IT NOW and will move all my listings to GOOD TIL CANCELLED. Well that is not what I want but then again we have no say. 

This does not suit me for many reasons with something new I like to use 10 days as an option. The rest are 30 day listings which gives me the option to adjust the listings if they are not attracting buyers or watches. I will sometimes group them with other items etc. 

I find the 30 day listings far more manageable for my business needs. 

So if all fixed listings are good til cancelled I dare say the next step will be for those with ebay stores will be reduced with the amount of fixed listings in their subscription. 

Good til cancelled also means there will be a hell of a lot of old stock on there for years or if I remember correctly they were bringing in limited time for listings.

I have had my vent but OH SO FRUSTRATING makes me wonder why I am doing this. 

Message 1 of 374
Latest reply
373 REPLIES 373

Re: EBAY'S NEW HEALTH CHECK - I think it is seriously SICK!!

Save the 800 in unsold on the store ID in case they stop doing the extra freebies.  If that happens you can always rotate your listings on the store.

Message 291 of 374
Latest reply

if ebay are saying  GOOD TILL CANCELLED  but relisting every 28 days that is a contradiction on itself

it should say  28 DAY AUTO RELIST or GOOD FOR 28 DAYS THEN WE RELIST & CHARGE YOU FULL VALUE INSERTION FEES

i only use free or $1 listings on ebay !!

ever time you list on ebay it gives ebay a tax write off ( overly priced promotional saving  ect.  >.<  )

here is mine for a month  AU $664.61 in promotional savings to list @ $22k in items...

i probably sell $800>1.5k max  ( that's not profit )  but ebay think they can charge $600+ listing  ( what a joke)

so now they want to try and trick us with words to generate more in fees

So ebay will now generate approx extra 20% in listing fees either in fees charged or tax write off as sellers relisting before the 30 days now !!

i would never list on ebay if i had to pay an insertion fee  with all the BS that can go on in this system

this is the way ebay work they overload you with garbage on the page to confuse you

like i was talking to customer support a few days ago about them not reurning my postage cost that i cancelled.  ( that is another problem atm that they have no fix for ( so they keep your money )

i also told them that their ALL account activity page does not work correctly and has not for probably a year now.

shows me i have 8 pages but only shows 2 items  >.<

so trying to look back at ALL ACTIVITY that has happened on my account is a total joke !!

I also see that ebay wants to dump paypal and start using a dutch company instead....

wow  the bs that happens in corporate world

Message 292 of 374
Latest reply

>.<

Message 293 of 374
Latest reply

the free and $1 listing have never been for 'stores'   its for private sellers

private sellers would never sell here otherwise  due to riducilous fees 

years ago before they did free and $1 listings  they lost alot>most of private sellers ( alienating them )

they did that and they came back , only becuase ebay used it as a write-off

So they are alienating private sellers again

Message 294 of 374
Latest reply

i was looking on the USA ebay  ( ebay.com  ) and they are trailing a new function where you pay for a better viewing percentage

i went upto 10% increase in views and it cost an Extra $17  usd  to list   

we can see where ebay wants to go by changing almost all listings to Good Till Cancelled  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 295 of 374
Latest reply

@elderbluedragon wrote:

the free and $1 listing have never been for 'stores'   its for private sellers

private sellers would never sell here otherwise  due to riducilous fees 

years ago before they did free and $1 listings  they lost alot>most of private sellers ( alienating them )

they did that and they came back , only becuase ebay used it as a write-off

So they are alienating private sellers again

I'm fully aware of that. As I am aware that I don't have a store on this account. No little red door next to my feedback, so I can remember.

Message 296 of 374
Latest reply

I have had the Good till Cancelled entered on My listing and cannot list anything for a set number of days.

But my sister hasnot had any changes on her accounts,

Message 297 of 374
Latest reply

Please disregard my above post with the screenshots. The listings did default to GTC even though it said 30 days. I have asked the mods to remove the post. Sorry everyone! I feel silly now.

The $1 weekend is still working though.

Message 298 of 374
Latest reply

tippy*toes, your post is a perfect example of how even the best of us can err, and how better to celebrate a moment of feeling silly than by...

Spoiler

... and never let the original be forgotten.

Message 299 of 374
Latest reply

I am in the process of changing everything over to auction.

I can get all the auto free listings with auction, even though the most days i can select is 10

but 90 days is better than 30 and I wont have to worry about ending them before I get charged. Just relist at my own leisure when i have free listings. 

It will be great when I get it all done on all my accounts.

At the moment it's just one big headache.

Watching everything like a hawk, ending things before they relist into GTC

Message 300 of 374
Latest reply