EBay holding funds- who do we complain to

Who in Australia is the official ombudsman or similar to complain about eBay’s holding of sales amounts for 2 week.

this feels illegal to me. 

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: EBay holding funds- who do we complain to

It is 100% your obligation to be aware of the T&C's when selling. Are you saying you would just sign a contract like a home loan without reading through and understanding the implications and obligations? Yes, there is nothing the customer service people can do because it is up to YOU to be aware of the T&C's when selling and up to YOU to sign up properly.

Managed Payments has been in place for the better part of 3 years. You've been a member for only 2 weeks, but one would think that anyone using a platform for the first time would take the minimum care to read the sellers guide and have an understanding of the process.

You will not see a red cent of your funds unless you upload verified ID such as a passport or drivers licence. After that you'll need to upload your bank information and then verify it with the micro deposit figures that Ebay will send. Only after that will you be fully inducted into the new system.

Regardless though, there are 30 day holds for all new and infrequent sellers. It is clearly outlined in the sellers guide - not hidden.

Relying on Ebay to make commitments such as mortgage payments is a risk.

As long as you upload what is required, you will get your funds. I just hope you are not one of those sellers who does not have a passport or drivers licence, otherwise you're going to have bigger problems.

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

Just to add, please tell us that you sent that item tracked with Signature on Delivery which is what anything over $750 requires.

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

As others have said, all the info is there. I have several selling accounts. One account is rather slow on sales. So, despite being a seller for many years, that account is subject to the funds hold. I listed a new item the other day and there was a spiel at the bottom that funds would be held, so I don't know how you missed that. 

It said, "funds from your sales may be unavailable and pending for a period of time". Then there was link "learn more". Why didn't you click that link?

That account made a sale the other day, and I fully expect it not to get my money for 30 days.

As others have also asked, have you signed up for managed payments, because if you haven't, you will NEVER see the money. Given the amount it was, that would be very cruel, so if you haven't done it, get onto it. If you're not sure how to do it, create a new thread and ask.

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

It's a money grab for eBay. Honesty is not their business. Making a profit is their business. If it hurts the seller. So what, what you gonna do. They squash you like a big. getting out of eBay looks sweeter all the time. My things are beginning to sell on othér platforms. I'm afraid eBay with nits untruths and treatment of sellers , holding our money and getting the interest off our money is who they are and what they do. They don't care about you. They hold no loyalties. Its pitiful of them. We shall over come, eBay will shrink into the sunset one day soon . The competition is hungry for new sellers. eBay sits  back like a fat cat. And grabs every penny it can.. time to sell elsewhere folks it's easier than you think. And profits are higher 

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

See ya

Sellers who choose to sell on eBay agree to the terms when doing so

The box that a seller has to tick they have 'read and agreed to' ... that stuff really does actually apply

Not sure how you figure the hold on funds is 'money grabbing' or 'profit making', your comment about earning interest on the holds is false, and would be illegal for them to do so

At least make factual comments to support your complaints

Not sure  why you are posting on the member to member forum for eBay Australia though, it won't be seen by anyone from eBay, let alone in the USA where you are registered 

The holds will apply to your current listing, which you agreed to the exact terms you are complaining about

And no, I do not work for eBay

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

Not only do you not get your facts straight, you also post on the Australian boards, and then don't know how to spell Weller Aurelian.

No-one will find it to buy, so your credibility is somewhat lost, much like your listing.

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply