Ebay Plus contribution for express on multiple items sold of same item

I had made all my listings ineligible for ebay plus ages ago, and only recently saw that they have changed and clarified several aspects (50c Priority sticker for tracked letters being the main one), so I thought last week I would give it another go.  The very first 'plus' sale came through yesterday, the buyer purchased 3 items of the same thing.  The original price for 1 item being $15, so I would get $4 if only 1 sold and I believed that I would still get $4 if 3 sold.  BUT, as I have quantity discount, and the total of product for 3 is $36.45, ebay only gave $2.50 for the transaction to be express, saying that the price is under $15.  The help chat person could not understand why I was not pleased, he could not see how ludicrous it was that if only 1 had sold they would pay $4, but 3 sold so only $2.50.  He said that he would get ebay to check and reply by email (still waiting).  

I have quite a few items listed that if purchased in multiples, will average the price to under $15 per item, but will require me to upgrade the parcel size, so even the $4 may not cover some, but I can handle that.  I also have some items, that when purchased in multiples have to send in more than 1 parcel to keep under 1kg and not get charged on cubic which would cost an absolute fortune, so have express charge per item extra.

Can anyone advise if only getting $2.50 is correct, or did they make a mistake?  Also, if someone buys 4 of one item with express charged for each additional, will I still only get $4 (even if the express total is over $15 combined)?  Just need to know so I can take heaps of listing back off ebay Plus if it means making too much losses for express postage.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

eBay's contribution is per SKU:

Selling with eBay Plus | eBay

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

My understanding is,  a contribution of $2.50 applies to items  UP TO $15  (not less than).  A $4 contribution applies for items  OVER $15   ($15.01  and  up)

As Twyn states the contribution is only applicable once per SKU.

So  ebays $2.50 contribution is correct.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Sorry, maybe I didn't explain clearly enough - I do know you only get 1 per same SKU, and quoting from their current info:  "We’ll apply a contribution of up to $2.50 for listings under $15 and $4 for listings $15 and over " - This part is not in question - even the chat person confirmed this, so a $15 sale gets $4.

My query was to do with the reduced amount because 3 were purchased.  I have many listings for over $15 for one, but if 3 or 4 are purchased, the per piece calculation brings it under $15 per item, even though the total purchase price is well and truly over $15.  EG:  I have a listing for $21, but if you buy 2 you get 25% off, buy 3 you get 33% off and buy 4 you get 37% off.  Both the single and 2 buy will give me $4 to express, but the 3 and 4 will only give me $2.50 to express if they say the average price per item is under $15 because they purchased more.  This is what I am querying if correct.

And I worded the last query wrong, I meant as the express charge is over $15 combined, will I still get $4 and have to send express, or will it be excluded from Plus because the express charge is over $15 (4x$4)?

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply