Ebay blocking communication completely?

Has Ebay finally lost the plot totally with their fear of 'off site' transactions paranoia?

I just went to ask a seller a question about a item but noticed that there was no 'ask seller question' link at bottom of listing. Thinking the seller may  have disabled asking questions I looked further. Checked about another 20 listings for various items ( new & used) from both private sellers & stores.

The usual ask seller a question has dissapeared from all the listings. The only option to ask anything was in the product reviews at the bottom of page from store listings.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Ebay blocking communication completely?

I just tried the "Contact Seller" link and it's working fine for me...

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

chameleon54 wrote:

There is a " contact seller" icon in a box on the top right corner of litings, just under " save this seller" , so it looks like it might just be another helpful change of layout by ebay.

Well done Ebay. Even confused an experienced user with with the 'improvements' The first time I clicked on it it did not work. After refreshing the page (had been sitting for a while) it wortked. So I guess we can say the improvement sort of works.

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

@go-tazz wrote:

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Only if there is a review of the product is there also a link to ask a question which seems to be able to be answered by anyone....buyers or sellers.

I'll be able to ask all the Rainbow Rose seed sellers the same question then and buyers might answer as well

as some might have had seeds come up,good.gif

I'll see how this one goes and might "expand" the next one I leave a question for,Sunnies.gif

Fake seeds 1.PNG

Now that we know where the "Contact seller' link is we can all ask them for the correct botanical name of their plants.

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

This will explain why I had a question through one listing this morning but it was about another listing. I should have known it wasn't the buyer that was acting a little strange.
Message 14 of 14
Latest reply