Ebay corrupt to the core

comcol
Community Member

Ebay logic 101:

Despite being rated a top seller for 16 years, having zero negatives etc etc they decide to ban you from selling with LITERALLY no reason and only sending a computer-generated, and I quote:  "your behavior posed a risk to the eBay community" and "We have taken this action out of concern for the safety and integrity of the eBay Community"

Exactly what risk would that be??? Maybe because I am not one of their protected Asian sellers? Seems to me Ebay is rather racist in their unequal treatment of sellers with some things that have been said on the phone by their 'customer service reps'.

After dozens of calls etc, speaking to at least 2 supposed supervisors who said there is nothing wrong with my account I still don't get an answer as to why. In fact, one supervisor looked at what occurred and said it is completely wrong and dishonest.

Clearly an individual within Ebay is targetting my account when there is a deliberate and systematic assault on my business.

Strange that I have a large amount of evidence over the years of Ebay allowing sellers to use multiple false accounts to steal tens of thousands of dollars from buyers whilst they knowingly refused to remove those said accounts. Apparently, they 'don't pose a risk to the Ebay Community' but I do despite a 100% record.

People need to take a serious stand and take legal action, go to the ACCC, and anti-discrimination board and complain. Ebay is registered as an Australian business and as such are subject to our laws. I will be.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Ebay corrupt to the core

Will see what happens with the account but I'm fully prepared to take the matter to the appropriate organisations as I have sound evidence of racial discrimination and business practices. Always record everything I say.:)

There are no knowledgeable trolls on here by the way. They never provide any serious feedback, just abuse and insults. It's only a couple anyway. 

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

@comcol wrote:

There are no knowledgeable trolls on here by the way. They never provide any serious feedback, just abuse and insults. It's only a couple anyway. 

I won’t comment on your issues with eBay, you seem to have them under control and I have nothing to offer in that regard.

What I will address is your claims about “trolls”.  You have spoken in generalisations about there being trolls, even on this thread, now you say it is only a couple. The issue I have is that in speaking in generalisations you tarnish all those who post here because you give no clear indication who you do not consider to be a troll.  We know you can’t name those who you feel are trolls as that is against board policy.

I say, take issue with the replies you get BUT don’t make generalisations.  Many of the posters on this thread, even those you take issue with, have helped countless members when they have come here seeking help and your generalisations in regards to the presence of trolls cast dispersions upon the efforts of all those that have replied.

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

I really dont know why anyone who considers ebay to be corrupt to the core!,  would wish to continue trading on the platform,  Ah well

Lay Down with Dogs,  you get up with Fleas.

Congrats  Comcol........ If it eventuates.

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

I'm a bit afraid to poke my head in here on this thread.Smiley Happy

I can't offer any solutions with ebay but I did have a quick look at comcol's account details.

I am puzzled too as to why he has been banned from selling. With a score of 4469 and a long history on ebay and as an aussie seller with nothing but positive feedback, I have to say that as an ordinary, everyday sort of buyer, I wouldn't hesitate for a second to buy from a seller like this. Quite a few of the feedback comments mention quick delivery, everyone seems happy enough.

I can't see into the ebay records or behind the scenes stuff, but if there is some issue, wouldn't ebay be better off letting the seller know exactly what the problem is and giving them time to rectify it? It seems a bit draconian to just ban someone without a word as to why.

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

@springyzone wrote:

I'm a bit afraid to poke my head in here on this thread.Smiley Happy

I can't offer any solutions with ebay but I did have a quick look at comcol's account details.

I am puzzled too as to why he has been banned from selling. With a score of 4469 and a long history on ebay and as an aussie seller with nothing but positive feedback, I have to say that as an ordinary, everyday sort of buyer, I wouldn't hesitate for a second to buy from a seller like this. Quite a few of the feedback comments mention quick delivery, everyone seems happy enough.

I can't see into the ebay records or behind the scenes stuff, but if there is some issue, wouldn't ebay be better off letting the seller know exactly what the problem is and giving them time to rectify it? It seems a bit draconian to just ban someone without a word as to why.

Springy unfortunately this is the way ebay deal with sellers when they ban them.

There is no explanation from ebay why a seller is banned just that they're banned and only a seller that has been banned would know that ebay don't explain things.

A seller can be an excellent seller like OP looks like they have been and still get banned,that's the puzzling thing the seller doesn't get any explanation as to why?

I went through the same thing as OP,I had 100% positive feedback,no defects,no problems and then came the ban.

I kept on asking why and how but got no response from ebay.

Once you're banned it's forever.

The only thing that comes to mind is that OP has mentioned that they have something that may incriminate ebay and perhaps this has caused the ban? Who knows!

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

Perhaps you struggle to read English?
It was not me who commenced any comments about trolls on this thread.

I do muse at those coming into a thread to rant on about a subject that has nothing to do with the matter and then make accusations.

Think that shows who the trolls are.

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

Ebay only found out about the incriminating evidence on them I now have after the restriction so it wasn't that.

It's very clear with me that a specific individual within Ebay is behind the attack. That is part of the evidence I have.

I do have numerous records of Ebay staff/supervisors stating the accusations on my account (which were all removed) were false. 

One particular supervisor really put his foot in his mouth though which is what I am going to use legally.

People have to stand up to Ebay for the sake of everyone

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

@comcol wrote:

Perhaps you struggle to read English?
It was not me who commenced any comments about trolls on this thread.

I do muse at those coming into a thread to rant on about a subject that has nothing to do with the matter and then make accusations.

Think that shows who the trolls are.

That's interesting. The first mention of trolls on this thread was made by comcol. Is there more than one of you?

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply