Ebay delivery guarantee launch

Just noticed the new "Ebay guanrateed delivery" offer banner at the top of my Seller overview page.

Will never opt in for such a scheme.

If the PO can't guarantee delivery within 2 days, why should I?

Message 1 of 39
Latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: Ebay delivery guarantee launch

@clarry, usually for an item to qualify as meeting different needs, it has to be more than the postage method or policies offered. The best example used is quantity, eg one listing for ten of something and another listing for 50 of the same item, or different sizes.

Guaranteed delivery may qualify, but I'd clarify with eBay first, just to be on the safe side.
Message 21 of 39
Latest reply

The answer to all this is to have eBay manage Australia Post.

They seem to have it all sorted - making guarantees that Australia Post in all their experience, can't!

I'll await the sign, 'Under New Management.'

Dont forget to send me my prize bag of jelly beans for a bright idea .... I'm good at problem solving!!

Melina.

Message 22 of 39
Latest reply

Remove that tongue in your cheek Melina......................original.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 23 of 39
Latest reply

Why not what could another tax evasion free company do to the Australian economy

Message 24 of 39
Latest reply

@clubesquire

Melina, that would be an irony of crease-removing proportions!

It was being mooted (whispered, at least) that the big A g-amz.gif, being primarily a logistical company (and extraordinarily good at being precisely that) will be/may be looking to implement their own Australia-wide delivery company, whether that be by taking over an existing courier or postage company, or starting from the ground up.

If eBay took over Australia Post, it would then be head-to-head postage war between the two "new" delivery companies.

Message 25 of 39
Latest reply

Nobody will buy AP until the obligation to deliver letters for $1 (currently) everywhere, regardless of cost, is removed.

Maybe the government should sell the courier part of AP off and subsume the letter delivery part into a department of state. They could call it the Post-Master General department.

That wouldn't help the people who don't live in major Metro areas get parcels, as the eBay Post courier would be like all the other couriers and only service the profitable routes. But they'd still get their letters.

Message 26 of 39
Latest reply

@davewil1964wrote:

Nobody will buy AP until the obligation to deliver letters for $1 (currently) everywhere, regardless of cost, is removed.

Maybe the government should sell the courier part of AP off and subsume the letter delivery part into a department of state. They could call it the Post-Master General department.

That wouldn't help the people who don't live in major Metro areas get parcels, as the eBay Post courier would be like all the other couriers and only service the profitable routes. But they'd still get their letters.

gal laughing.gif   Deja vu ain't what it used to be.     I used to work there.

Message 27 of 39
Latest reply

@davewil1964

Agreed. Perhaps the department could then be moved to Widdershins Broadway, and declare that "Neither rain nor snow nor gl om of ni t can stay these mes engers abo t their duty".

Message 28 of 39
Latest reply

I worked for Telecom for a short time, but never the PMG.

Message 29 of 39
Latest reply

Oh dear, that makes me much older than you, Dave   pat.gif       crying.gif

I stayed working for Telecom after they split.

Message 30 of 39
Latest reply