Ebay engaging in unethical business practices

My payouts are set for daily payouts. Yet when a customer purchases an item from me and makes payment on the 31st of July, ebay tricks me into thinking it has made the funds available to me on the 1st of Aug as per the screenshot below and then breaches its agreement to make daily payouts by holding onto those funds for an extra day and paying it out on 2nd of Aug. This is unethical and when questioning the customer service team they have the decency to lie to me or make up their own rules. 

As a customer of 14 years I will be closing my account and taking my business else where. This is misleading and unethical behaviour conducted by ebay. 

Ebay makes enough money off its customers and to lie to them about rules it sets, is just unethical. It may seem petty that it is an extra day but to some that extra day may harm their financial position. Its the principal I am pointing out here and for such a large company to breach its own rules, its unethical and misleading in its own business practices. 

Screenshot_20230802_111756_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20230802_111816_eBay.png

  

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You seem to be confusing daily payouts with same day payouts.  Not ebays error, but as you are moving on your interpretation will no longer be a problem.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

In your screenshot, did you miss the bit where it says 'payouts take 1 to 2 business days to arrive, depending on your bank.

Perhaps it's your bank causing the delay?

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

There is a very long piece of string between Ebay and your bank.

Anyhow it's being good having you around,   hopefully you find a more compliant platform.   

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Hey guy, what's up?

I'd say that the issue lies with the bank deposit system in general.  eBay must use the 'regular' deposit system and not the 'Osko' one which takes about a minute to come through.

The way regular deposits work is that bank A has a huge special account full of money held in bank B.  Bank A sends multiple deposit requests from their customers in a batch, made up of individual bank account numbers at bank B and the amounts to transfer.

Each batch costs a fee for bank A to send it, so lots of individual deposit requests are bundled into a single batch to be more economical for bank A.  As a result, these batches are sent several times a day and this is often why a deposit someone sends may turn up late that night or the next day after business hours start.  If someone, or eBay, sends a deposit after the end of bank business time (eg. 4pm or something) then it will be delayed by overnight.

And who knows when eBay actually sends the request to the bank after it emails you saying it has done so.  I imagine that is done in batches also, like how we upload our items using a file to eBay these days.

Bank B sorts through the requests and takes amounts from bank A's big special account to complete those transfers.  Meanwhile, the accounts at bank A sending the money are reduced by those amounts being transferred.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

ONE payment allegedly delayed by ONE day and you're spitting the dummy.

If that's how you think business works good luck out in the wide, wide world.

As S&D is wont to say: I bet if I check in six months, you'll still be selling here.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Daily payouts means you get a payment each day of the available fund balance.

It does not mean funds are available same day.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply