Ebay fees are supposed to be around 10%?????

Well take a look at my fees on my latest invoice!!!!

Monthly Sales= $1,077.17

Fees= $242.49

So the fee percentage is 22.51%

This is more than double the percentage I thought I was being charged,how can ebay justify this?

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Postage did not cost the buyers over $1000 so I should not be charged over $100 for postage fees.

Message 11 of 24
Latest reply

No only had to pay a listing fee on one item as I jumped the gun before the free listings offer had started.

Message 12 of 24
Latest reply

I can see what your adding up but I never sold 100 items to be charged for postage fees that add up to that amount.

I think ebay have accidently put $242 instead of $142 on the invoice.

And to make matters worse ebay refunded a credit towards this invoice but haven't removed the difference in my balance owing as ebay now owes me $36 but it still shows that I owe ebay $205 so there has to be a glitch there somewhere.

Message 13 of 24
Latest reply

I wasn't saying you were collective, I just picked some figures out of the air to show how it can all add up.  What you need to do is study the transaction list on your invoice and it will show you just what you have been charged for.  If you then feel it is inaccurate, you will need to call and speak to eBay accounts.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 14 of 24
Latest reply

hi  you realy have to understand the fees ,listen to what these posters are saying you got to allow a fee on your postage ,if you are over yor 40 a month ,you have to think what you can sell next ,its no good selling something for $2.50 when its going to cost you $1.50 + to sell it , everybody is different ,i have a store with over 500 items + 70 odd auctions a month but very small amount of postage as i am a pick up store , and my average % is 9 to 9.5 %.  if i did not have the 70 odd auctions i would be down to 7.5% to 8%, 

exsample  listing your 41st item for $2.50 + $2.00 postage = total $4.50

listing item $1.50,fee......   selling item .25 cents fee....ebay posting fee  .20cents.fee....... postage fee to aus post $2.00.....if you have not let any room for expenses.

total cost $3.95 + cost of the item 

Message 15 of 24
Latest reply

You are totally incorrect I only list around 40 per month but I don't sell all of them so for me to be charged over $100 in postage fees I need to sell around 100 items in that month, if I charged $10 for postage for each item.

Message 16 of 24
Latest reply

exsample listing your 41st item for $2.50 + $2.00 postage = total $4.50 listing item $1.50,fee...... selling item .25 cents fee....ebay posting fee .20cents.fee....... postage fee to aus post $2.00.....if you have not let any room for expenses. total cost $3.95 + cost of the item In this scenario it would cost me $1.95 in fees so the postage of $2 doesn't go onto ebay fees. But I only use free listings to list so I don't get charged $1.50 like all of you are saying.

Message 17 of 24
Latest reply

sorry i assumed you had over 40 listings in that month  look the easy way is go to where it says account  then on your right click on that invoice scroll up and you will see evey little fee for that month ,then you will know what each item were costing you   have a nice day

Message 18 of 24
Latest reply

Thanks for all of your replies it has now been resolved after ebay has corrected their mistake and have now charged the correct fee amount.

Message 19 of 24
Latest reply

@collective05 wrote:

Thanks for all of your replies it has now been resolved after ebay has corrected their mistake and have now charged the correct fee amount.

that's good to hear.

When I posted my previous post I was seeking further information to try to fathom why you were overcharged.  Looking at the other thread was just trying to make sense of your fees.  Did you receive the free listings offer invitation email?  I am guessing you did if eBay have resolved the fees in your favour.

Good luck with your future eBaying.

Message 20 of 24
Latest reply