Ebay fees are supposed to be around 10%?????

Well take a look at my fees on my latest invoice!!!!

Monthly Sales= $1,077.17

Fees= $242.49

So the fee percentage is 22.51%

This is more than double the percentage I thought I was being charged,how can ebay justify this?

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I can see what your adding up but I never sold 100 items to be charged for postage fees that add up to that amount.

I think ebay have accidently put $242 instead of $142 on the invoice.

And to make matters worse ebay refunded a credit towards this invoice but haven't removed the difference in my balance owing as ebay now owes me $36 but it still shows that I owe ebay $205 so there has to be a glitch there somewhere.

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Do you use eBay postage labels, as these would be included in that total and will of course inflate the percentage?

Cheers,

Penny
Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

Perhapsit includes Australia Post charges? Do you use eBays lable service?

Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

Snap!

Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

No I don't use ebay labels and I thought that the total fees are based on the final amount which includes postage?

These fees show that I have been charged on the total twice

Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

You have to  remember that ebay charge fees on shipping, which skews the percentage, even if you don't use ebay labelling. 

So the total sales is the sales of your products (shipping not included if you charge for that seperately)

The fees are the FVF + fees on postage

Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

If you check on your invoice it will have all the fees itemised so you can see what the charges are for.  Are you paying listing fees for some of your items as if you are you get charged the listing fee on top of the FVF's even if an item doesn't sell.

Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

The monthly sales figure represents your raw sales, without postage, fvf fees on this amount will be 9.9% of the total.  Postage fvf are charged separately on the amount the buyer pays for shipping and handling for each transaction.  This is also 9.9% of the total, but in some cases shipping charges can be higher than the raw sale price.  For example, if you sold $1000 worth of $10 items in the month, you would get fvf of $99 on the sale price, then if every item went in a 3kg satchel at, say $14 (rounding off here), you would get fvf on shipping of $138 and change.  This then makes your total fees (assuming you had no insertion fees) $237, which would represent 23.7% of your sale price.  Since they started charging fvf on postage you cna no longer do a rough 10% calculation, it is more complicated than that.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

did you have any free listing offers over and above the 40 free listings for the month of March?  Your completed listings show 159 items, with most of these being listed in March.  Lets say that 130 were listed in March, that would be 40 free + 90 fee listings @ $1.50 each = 90 x 1.5 = $135 + 9.9%x$1077 = $242

I see that you posted on this thread back at the start of March

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Free-Listings/m-p/1739866#M97215

When I clicked on the link in the Opening Post of that thread it showed the terms and conditions for the free listings offer.  Did you get an email invitation to list 100 for free? OR did you click the link in the opening post and accept the offer on the page that loaded? If you did not get an email invitation then you were not eligible for the 100 free listings being offered in that promotion.

On that thread you posted that you were charged listing fees AND you didn't wait for the start date to arrive, so I am wondering if you already knew the answer to the question you posed in your Opening Post i.e. how can eBay justify this?

collective.JPG

The promo period was 5th to 8th of March

collective 1.JPG

Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

Sir Sales you are so observant,but I went to list only one item back then before the free listing date and then when I received the 100 free listings then I listed more.

Message 10 of 24
Latest reply