Ebay managed payments (Australia) Opt out or alternative payment options to bank deposit

Ebay Australia's switch over to managed payments (for my business) is a major impediment not a benefit.

I am a seller who uses my paypal funds received from sales (on a near daily basis) to send payments across the globe primarily for business.

Under the new Ebay managed payments, I will now have to wait up to 2+ business days to now have my sales funds deposited into my bank account from Ebay (maybe another business day before the inefficient banks here process the payment) & then will have to process another transfer back to Paypal (Another 5+ business days) - I now have no other option around this after numerous chats/calls to Ebay customer service/accounts trying to opt out of managed payments or seek an alternative. The current system works well for me, even if I have to pay a higher cost.

As a seller, I personally couldn't care less about Paypal's spin off from Ebay & the 'business rift' that has developed between the two but there has to been an alternative (Hyperwallet etc) or some businesses will suffer from this narrow minded approach & could potentially leave the platform - is this in Ebay's interest?

Message 1 of 152
Latest reply
151 REPLIES 151

Re: Ebay managed payments (Australia) Opt out or alternative payment options to bank deposit

Etsy has been using this system for a while and it works well I find. Fees come out of the sale so you never have a monthly bill and the money is usually in your bank account within 36 hours. It's very regular...

Message 31 of 152
Latest reply

Re: Ebay managed payments (Australia) Opt out or alternative payment options to bank deposit

More than one hour to receive money in Australia is ridiculous and they are charging more than I would have paid using PayPal. Unimpressed.
Message 32 of 152
Latest reply

Are you sure? The figures I've seen are only a few (at most) tenths of a percent different. Are you factoring in that there are no Paypal fees under MP. They are rolled into the MP fee.

It is rare to get money from another bank in an hour, so maybe take your complaint to the relevant ombudsman.

Message 33 of 152
Latest reply

Beware : I’ve just being told the fees for items I sold over the weekend wil be taken out of my bank account t within 3 days $150 worth. The buyers have paid for the items yet I cannot see that money anywhere.

This is beyond ridiculous. So, you’re asked to pay for eBay fees almost immediately yet the money buyers pay ... takes days to get to your account.

I really have no idea what’s going on, and the callback I got this morning was completely useless and the guy hung up on me because he couldn’t escalate the issue.

I want to kill eBay.
Message 34 of 152
Latest reply

The fees will be taken from the buyer's payment before the rest of the money goes to your bank account.

How often have you elected to have the money transferred to your bank account....daily or weekly?

Message 35 of 152
Latest reply

Lindal I got an email an hour ago saying because my account is in the negative they will take $150 out of my bank account “no sooner” then three days. Whatever that means.

The reason my account is in the negative? Because even tho the buyers have paid almost within the hour of auction end, I haven’t seen that money in my account. Yet eBay have charged me final value fees.

Total incompetency.
Message 36 of 152
Latest reply

That’s just the thing, the buyers payments are nowhere to be found... it says they’ve paid, but it hasn’t dropped into my ebay account. Processing? Who knows... but sending me an email saying they’re going to take $150 out of a bank account i have them to receive money to, is just staggering.
Message 37 of 152
Latest reply

How did those buyers pay? Did they pay by bank transfer? that could be the reason there's no money available yet so you're in arrears?

Message 38 of 152
Latest reply

Already getting of ebay this has ruined my business
Message 40 of 152
Latest reply