Ebay refunds to my buyer who signs a statutory decclaration claiming the item I posted was stolen

Ebay refunds to my buyer who signs a statutory decclaration claiming the item I posted was stolen at his end even though the buyer claims that it must have been stolen from his post box. I never post to a post box only a street address. This whole thing is very fishy.

as soon as the buyer signed a stat dec ebay automatically debited my PayPal account without any authorirty form me. how can they do that?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Ebay refunds to my buyer who signs a statutory decclaration claiming the item I posted was stole

agreeing to the User Agreements of eBay and PayPal give them the authority.

You could argue that if it was stolen after being delivered then delivery took place.  This would negate an Item Not Received claim.

I would contact eBay through the “call me back” function and ask that the funds be credited back to your account.  Failing that, tell eBay you will file a claim through AFCA.

https://www.afca.org.au/

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Re: Ebay refunds to my buyer who signs a statutory decclaration claiming the item I posted was stole

Post box = letter box ????
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Many peolpe call a letterbox a postbox at their street address.

That's probably what the buyer was saying as opposed to a post office box.

image host
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

If it was stolen at buyer's end, then you have every right to be furious....go to HELP at top of page and have eBay ring you back.....poor form
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

@briangold2012 wrote:

Ebay refunds to my buyer who signs a statutory decclaration claiming the item I posted was stolen at his end even though the buyer claims that it must have been stolen from his post box. I never post to a post box only a street address. This whole thing is very fishy.

as soon as the buyer signed a stat dec ebay automatically debited my PayPal account without any authorirty form me. how can they do that?

To me your postal charge indicates you post with tracking?

And the items you sell surely you wouldn't post without tracking + signature.

So the only proof you need is that it was delivered.

So do you post with tracking and if so you should have used that as proof.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Holy hunchback of earnestness... is there a bell ringing?

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

I had Paypal refund a buyer in Belgium $180 Because he said he never recieved item.Even though tracking said it was delivered...I dont even bother with tracking oversees now.Strangely now I never have a problem with delivery.Id had a few problems useing tracking.
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply