Ebay's new Payment System FRUSTRATED

I'm not too worried about my payments coming through in a couple of days, but why don't eBay give me the full amount? for example: If I received payments of $1,000 over a weekend, why then on the Tuesday you might receive a payment of $50, the Wednesday $150.00. So as you are selling more than what ebay is giving back...Who's holding my money?. If this continues at this rate and I have supplier to pay at the end of the month, ebay's reatining most of my funds I can't access?

Anyone else having the same problem of ebay not fully paying out?

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Ebay's new Payment System FRUSTRATED

I have funds from last friday still pending which I am starting to doubt will come through this week. I have received two payments this week totalling $145 which has not covered the postage costs for the parcels sold since friday. 

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just had a bunch of my weekend sales 'skipped'.

Payouts either side and 1 or 2 in the middle have been paid out out.

118 minutes wait on a phone back and chat says less than a minute for 5 minutes.

I would say something is amiss.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

spoke with ebay today and they said they're having problems with payment processing from before and over the weekend.

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

it's called making money on our money...

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

I would think they were holding on to extra money for some fancy accounting to increase the bottom line for third quarter reports to shareholders. Wouldn’t expect it to be “solved” until October, if it ever is
Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

Absurd, absolutely ridiculous and nothing short of a terrible idea in changing to this failure of a payment system! Two buyers paid me on Saturday, the funds appeared as "processing". This morning, finally the "processing" of MY money had finished.

BUT!!! It then said a payment was scheduled to me today (15th). Later today I checked again and now it says I am scheduled for tomorrow (16th). I am not sending my items until I am paid, so eBay has already caused a 3 day delay to their customer even having their item posted....eBay says I must post these goods by Wednesday (2 days away), but unless I get what is mine, I won't be sending anything.

This is a total stuff up by eBay - a dumb idea to remove a payment system that worked, for one that doesn't. I don't even know "where" my money actually is, it's not set-up like a bank account or PayPal account and certainly MAKES NO SENSE....Please please eBay, go back to what worked. Very frustrating.

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

@afaitken123 wrote:

Absurd, absolutely ridiculous and nothing short of a terrible idea in changing to this failure of a payment system! Two buyers paid me on Saturday, the funds appeared as "processing". This morning, finally the "processing" of MY money had finished.

BUT!!! It then said a payment was scheduled to me today (15th). Later today I checked again and now it says I am scheduled for tomorrow (16th). I am not sending my items until I am paid, so eBay has already caused a 3 day delay to their customer even having their item posted....eBay says I must post these goods by Wednesday (2 days away), but unless I get what is mine, I won't be sending anything.

This is a total stuff up by eBay - a dumb idea to remove a payment system that worked, for one that doesn't. I don't even know "where" my money actually is, it's not set-up like a bank account or PayPal account and certainly MAKES NO SENSE....Please please eBay, go back to what worked. Very frustrating.

Weekends have never counted for real banking methods, nor for postage times.

As for the rest, it is up to you to determine what amount of late posting defects your account can handle.

I get paid every Tuesday - everything that sold before Monday has already been posted when I get paid.

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

I've had no,payments in nearly two weeks since this started. Excuse was my date wasn't being accepted, now they accepted it on the 4th I find out, so they now say they are looking at it and "working" on it, yet they insist I keep sending. So literally not a cent for me. Every single day they promise the next day will be the day, I can see another week dragging out. 

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

I really hope ebay solves this for you and the sooner the better as it's just unacceptable for this to continue the way it has been.

Ebay needs to get a tech on it that knows what the heck's going on and fix it.

Financial institutions would be charging you interest for late payments and I think ebay's getting away with to much for my liking.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply