Excessive Listing Fees

Hi all

I have about 180 items listed and add around 10 items a month. I just received an invoice with a listing fee of $90.00 for one month.

I’ve read as much as I can and can’t find a definitive answer and some eBay menus that could provide the answer take me to a dead end.

Am I paying a listing fee for listings which are renewing? Even so I still don’t think I’d reach the maximum of 40 free listings a month. I sell in collectables and pottery and glass.

Thank you and kind regards
Debra
Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Excessive Listing Fees

@pursson wrote:

Hi gutterpunkz05, up until the end of last year non-store sellers got 8  free relistings that did not count against the 40, I myself have had up to 250 items listed at one time.

This has now changed, maybe the eBay servers are overloaded and they need to reduce their listings. Whatever, it means less profit for them.

The free relistings have ended

Message 11 of 24
Latest reply

Looking at your listings, they have Gpay as an altenative method of paying for your items. I was under the impression that when that appears the seller is already on Managed Payments.

Perhaps someone else will clarify that.

Capture.PNG

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 13 of 24
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

Looking at your listings, they have Gpay as an altenative method of paying for your items. I was under the impression that when that appears the seller is already on Managed Payments.

Perhaps someone else will clarify that.

Capture.PNG

No as I and many other sellers I know are on MP but we don't have the G Pay as a payment option on our listings.

Plus ebay has to inform a seller when they're are on MP.

I'm certain that the dead line for many is the 15th March as mine is on another account and some have the 25th March as the dead line.

Also the 250 000 free listings would have shown up.

This is all my own observation but it may/is different for others.

Message 14 of 24
Latest reply

Thanks Instyle, looks like I've got the wrong end of the stick........again. original.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 15 of 24
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

Thanks Instyle, looks like I've got the wrong end of the stick........again. original.gif

I don't think you've got the wrong end of the stick padi as ebay have just dealt with each seller differently but as time has gone by with the MP it seems it may have got a lot more complex with a few issues that need to be tweaked a bit.

Message 16 of 24
Latest reply

I've been on MP since September.

My counter on 3 accounts read 9,600 free listings - which was odd.

Just recently the featured store account counter disappeared entirely.

I keep listing, but nothing reappears.

Doesn't matter - won't use 'em all anyway.

But, just saying the counter is not there on one account.

Message 17 of 24
Latest reply

I think some sellers were saying that the counters kept on accumulating over time say from 1500 then 3000 and so on.

Are you noticing them disappearing at the end of the monthly cycle and then not reappearing again which I've noticed and I've put it down to just another ebay glitch.

Message 18 of 24
Latest reply

Hmmm, no, but I'll keep that in mind and keep an eye on it.

Like I said, it doesn't really matter.  I won't use 9,600 let alone 25,000

Message 19 of 24
Latest reply

Thanks, I've had a chat to the MP team, and I am on it, but no 250,000 free listings for me. They said my counter is stuck on 40 because of some technical issue that will be resolved soon,

Message 20 of 24
Latest reply