Excessive Listing Fees

Hi all

I have about 180 items listed and add around 10 items a month. I just received an invoice with a listing fee of $90.00 for one month.

I’ve read as much as I can and can’t find a definitive answer and some eBay menus that could provide the answer take me to a dead end.

Am I paying a listing fee for listings which are renewing? Even so I still don’t think I’d reach the maximum of 40 free listings a month. I sell in collectables and pottery and glass.

Thank you and kind regards
Debra
Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Excessive Listing Fees

ebay and perhaps we might have mislead you a little there.  

You can't actually see the 250,000 listings.

What happens is you don't get charged for listings anymore once you have Managed Payments;   and your counter remains "stuck" on whatever your original listing limit was, it never changes.

For example, my counter says I have 1500 free listings (because i have paid for a feature store)  but it never moves from there, no matter how much I list.

If you add a new listing, and it still says 40, you will know what I mean.

And everybody definitely gets free listings - it says so in the Managed Payments site.

Message 21 of 24
Latest reply

Read our full terms for fees when listing an item

• All sellers with an Australian registration address are entitled to 250,000 free insertion fees per month for items listed in auction-style or fixed price format in most categories, including relisted items and listings that are ended early.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/selling-fees-without-ebay-store?id=4822

Message 22 of 24
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

Thanks Instyle, looks like I've got the wrong end of the stick........again. original.gif

I'm the one who has posted that a few times - GPay is never a payment option for sellers who aren't on managed payments - sellers can't sign up for a GPay account and make it available directly, and PayPal only accepts GPay through in-person card readers.

Not seen a seller who is on MP but doesn't have it available, but I'm still learning Smiley Very Happy and if it is available, I can't see how the seller wouldn't be on MP. o_O

Message 23 of 24
Latest reply

Thanks for clarifying that. curraone, I'll list some more items and see what happens!Cat Happy

Message 24 of 24
Latest reply