FREE LISTINGS

Think Ebay should be giving all the sellers out there unlimited free listings during this time of unrest

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: FREE LISTINGS

I think my supermarket should be giving out free groceries, my vet should be giving out free veterinary services and the jewellers should be giving out free diamond rings. 

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

As much as I would love some free listings right now, someone pointed out it would just flood Ebay with rubbish, and I tend to agree. The less cr*p buyers have to wade through, the more likely they are to find our listings. And with hindsight, the last time they threw free listings at me, I did exactly that, listed a whole heap of cheap stuff that I wouldn't normally list. End result wasn't exciting either  2 days of work for one sale lol

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

@macka_222 wrote:

Think Ebay should be giving all the sellers out there unlimited free listings during this time of unrest

Of course you do, You are obviously somebody who will always look for something for nothing.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Contact eBay and let us know what they say

Out of interest, why do you think so?

If people don't have money to pay selling fees, people don't have money to be buying to start with

And, as mentioned, it will just flood eBay with even more rubbish

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Free buses! Oh wait, that already happens in Melbourne every day of the week because the train system is cactus...
Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

utebns
Community Member
It would be good.
They get their cut in fvf fees, we at least get free insertion.
Helps to list **bleep**, capatalise on online buying at the moment.
Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

@utebns wrote:
It would be good.
They get their cut in fvf fees, we at least get free insertion.
Helps to list **bleep**, capatalise on online buying at the moment.

Why would ebay want its searches clogged up with your **bleep** ? 

Very few people want to buy ** bleep** and the small fvf fees ebay would make from you selling an occasional bit of **bleep** is not going to cover the cost of running the site. 

Worse still, genuine buyers are going to have to wade through all of the **bleep** trying to find an occasional decent item. They will get sick of it and look somewhere else instead.

Basically unlimited free listings for everyone is just a dumb idea that will clog the site with worthless **bleep**.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

If it's not the forum clogged up with toilet paper, it's eBay clogged up with bleep

Oh well, if sellers think their own listed items are bleep, they also must think buyers are silly enough to buy bleep

How nice

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply