FURTHER TO "buy it now" ebay has it both ways.

stromper-gd
Community Member

Contacted Res Centre re 'buy it now"(BIN).

1/ BIN with PayPal(PP) introduced to cover sellers from dodgy buyers.

2/ BIN without PP,buyer "may have their own reasons" as to why they do not pay immediately... and ....the buyer is misusing the BIN feature by doing so, does knowingly misusing the BIN mean dishonesty..yes.

3/ eBay advises all to inspect where possible before sale,so do I.

Decided to put my boat back on once more WITH PP.

Guess what, 3 offers and no dishonest manipulation of the BIN by ending the sale and blocking honest bidders/eBayers.

stromper-gd.

Message 1 of 95
Latest reply
94 REPLIES 94

so far so good . . . . you have had offers and the listing is still going.  I really hope it all works out well for you. I would have listed with a Buy-Now price a bit higher though to discourage anyone from buying-now and encouraging them to make an offer closer to the real value of the boat and thus keeping the listing live.

Anyway, I for one will be putting the listing on my watch list, not because I want a boat, but to see how this listing pans out for you.  Once again, good luck.

stromper-gd
Community Member

Leader of the band, it has gone thus far because the dishonest ones realise they have to confirm PP payment to isolate the boat to themselves to negotiate at my expense of erased ad and re-insert fees.They were extremely cranky that I refused to negotiate with them. I put that price because that is what the boat is worth,if it goes,it does, if not this time, I keep it.

Regards, stromper-gd.

Message 3 of 95
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

A lot of the "smarty pants" posters do not come to the boards till later in the evening.

Personally I don't like bashing my head against a brick wall....it hurts!!

I also have your listing on my watch list to see how you go.  Will we see you back here when you get burned by demanding paypal for a pick up item?  It will be horrifically expensive...why will you not accept cash when it it piscked up?

Message 4 of 95
Latest reply

I'm not sure if this is possible on eBay.com.au but in the past I have seen a message where sellers who choose BIN can opt to have the listing open until the buyer actually pays for the item. So, if the buyer clicks to BIN, other people can still see it and buy until the first person pays.

Message 5 of 95
Latest reply

"Leader of the band, it has gone thus far because the dishonest ones realise they have to confirm PP payment to isolate the boat to themselves"

An item needs to be listed with Immediate Payment required for that to happen.

Here's a link with some information about Immediate Payment:

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/pay/require-immediate-payment.html

Anyone can use the Buy It Now button for your boat and still not pay.

It was mentioned on your other thread that the  Classisified Ad format with or without Best Offer may be the best option for what you require.

Message 6 of 95
Latest reply

You just don't get it do you. Now you have left yourself open to every scammer within drivable distance of you. they can come and pick up the boat and then put in a chargeback claim to their bank and you will have absolutely no defence as there is no seller protection for a pick up item and if Paypal is only optional there is no Paypal protection anyway, even if you were sending it by tracjable means.

Even if it is a newbie who doesn't realise they have no buyer protection they will very likely come here and ask what they can do if it is not as described and we will explain to them how to go about a chargeback so they are more likely to succeed and you will actually incur an extra $15 chargeback fee from Paypal if they do.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 95
Latest reply

stromper-gd
Community Member

I see you have opted to help again. Is it no one likes a buyer?

Message 8 of 95
Latest reply

stromper-gd
Community Member

I have been told that it hurts. Thanks for helping.

The reason Pay pal is on is that someone has to indicate the Confirm, to erase my ad, if they want to do that(as a dishonest person does if there was no pp). Let 'em, if it sells it sells,

I do not/will not have that cash here.

Message 9 of 95
Latest reply

I still reckon a classified would be the way to go.

But what would I, or other experienced members, know, compared to your absolute knowledge of your own infallibility.

Message 10 of 95
Latest reply