False claim for refund by local Australian buyer that has private feedback history

stefo123
Community Member

Yes sold a boxed RAM silver 1 ounce coin cheaply, approx half price to buyer in same state in early April 2023. Delivery was swift and wrapped package very well in bubble wrap as requested by the buyer. I knew I this was a "fussy / difficult" buyer so I took extra care to wrap in the satchel. Buyer claims cardboard box was damaged and clear coin capsule had sand in it! I know this claim was false as the 2014 coin was owned new by me and kept in a safe at home. I commented that aust post may have damaged it? "How could they? You wrapped in 3 layers of buuble wrap!" he replies, the threats and complaints naturally came via messages in ebay app. "I've made a complaint against you for falsely advertising damaged goods etc!"

Ebay sends message to provide a $5.24 shipping label to buyer via Hubbed / Toll. Item is apparently shipped as I'm charged for label on 20/4/2023. Turns out I have a tracking number but satchel never received by Toll.

Looks like buyer gets full refund and has kept the $85 coin and I'm left with a $5.24 shipping charge that was never used / sent.

Seems like a good scam? How did he fool Toll into making the label / satchel seem sent? There was all sorts of photos "proving" the satchel was sent with the Toll transport label placed on it in the photo.

Guy has "private" feedback 100%

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: False claim for refund by local Australian buyer that has private feedback history

Dear John
I only work 9-5 but as this is an acute emergency!

I searched Australia posts damaged items claim section- good news as below!

But you as the recipient need to action the damages claim.

Kind regards stefan eccles

Most of our services come with up to $100 compensation for loss or damage. Should your item be lost or damaged, and you haven’t purchased Extra Cover, you may be entitled to compensation of up to $100 and a refund of postage (proof of value may be required). This applies for most items you send with us. Claims for compensation are assessed on a case-by-case basis.

Message 21 of 33
Latest reply

Re: False claim for refund by local Australian buyer that has private feedback history

Did auspost also get sand in the display case and coin capsule too?
The item was not damaged by auspost, it was definitely damaged before because the damage is old, I was trying to be polite and give you a chance to come clean about the damage, but instead you also want me to pay a 25 percent restocking fee, that is simply unfair. There were three layers of bubble wrap and it's not fair on auspost to get an insurance claim because you sold a damaged item. Are you able to back up your claim that the item was in perfect condition before sending it and provide more photos of the items? It is up to you to deal with auspost. I will be reporting you to ebay and auspost.
Message 22 of 33
Latest reply

For eBay investigations.
I have included photos of the item being packaged before I lodged it at the Hubbed service point (BP Redland Bay). I have also included the properties data of the date taken of each photo. As I have said in the previous message I have lodged the item as per the seller's chosen return shipping method, which is obviously completely out of my control. I also took the initiative and extra precaution to take photos of the item being packaged because of the hostility and the absurd behavior of this seller.
I hope that with the photo evidence and the tracking which shows the parcel lodged on the 19/04/2023 we can finally conclude this case.
Kind regards. John

Message 23 of 33
Latest reply

Attention eBay customer service!!
Item has been sent via the seller's choice of courier. The tracking number is AZZR053781 through Hubbed. The item has been sent to be returned and obviously the courier’s tracking logs and delivery time frames are completely out of my control.
The following is addressing further concerns with this transaction and seller:
Seller has continually been harassing me with a 25% restocking fee to be paid outside of eBay directly into the seller's PayPal account. I have not paid any money into the seller’s PayPal account as I am well aware of eBay policies and know not to comply with unethical seller demands.
Seller also claims that the item is exactly as described. However, the listing description and the photo were not the seller's own description, the photo and title were copied directly from SOLD item number: 195626287514 . So how can the item be exactly as the photos and description when it was clearly taken from another seller? I have also included photos of seller’s listing and the copied listing from “iswrightsydney” here on eBay. Please see attached photos. The item I received arrived damaged with debris inside the display case, which is the reason for the return. Please see the previous conversation history with the seller and case details in regards to this return.
Regards. John

Message 24 of 33
Latest reply

John
As per agreement at time of sale a 25 percent re-listing fee of AUD 25.18 must be paid via pay pal before a refund can be made as per our company’s legally binding contract and attached on the original listing! Kind regards stef

Message 25 of 33
Latest reply

@stefo123 wrote:

• RETURNS OK BUT 25% RESTOCKING FEE TO BE PAID VIA PAY PAL BEFORE RETURNING IN TRACKED ENVELOPE OR SATCHEL ETC

NO, you cannot charge a restocking fee for an INAD dispute, ONLY for "change of mind" returns.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 26 of 33
Latest reply

stefo123
Community Member
Thanks John
Would you have a copy of the signed lodgement of the manifest from Toll
I’m on the phone now apparently the parcel has gone missing

Kind regards stefan
Message 27 of 33
Latest reply

OK

Message 28 of 33
Latest reply

Some relevant points.

As stated the SELLER (you) is the one who will be compensated, not the buyer. You DO need to get the buyer to present the item to AP in order for AP to determine if the item was sufficiently packaged. Given you used a satchel to post a box, I doubt that AP will accept responsibility. The standard used to be 22kg dropped on it from waist height. No cardboard box wrapped in 3 layers of bubble wrap is going to pass that test.

You are way past that anyway. The issue now seems to be whether the buyer returned the item.

Maybe concentrate on that.

Also you can only charge a restocking fee for change of mind. Not not as described as this seems to be.

Message 29 of 33
Latest reply

@stefo123 wrote:

John
As per agreement at time of sale a 25 percent re-listing fee of AUD 25.18 must be paid via pay pal before a refund can be made as per our company’s legally binding contract and attached on the original listing! Kind regards stef

If you carry on intimidating your buyer you are going to end up with problems if that buyer reports your massages.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 30 of 33
Latest reply