Fashion Buyers

Maybe it's just me but, whenever I have trouble with a buyer and check their feedback, I find they buy a lot of clothes, shoes and/or makeup.

The fashion world is a foreign one to me but I have been in retail for over 30 years so nothing should really surprise me. But yesterday, I had someone buy 2 cushion covers and then send a message saying "Please note that I placed this item in my watched list and did not place a bid on it". So this buyer changed the quantity to 2, clicked 'buy it now' and then 'confirm' all the while only intending to place it on her watched list! A quick look at her feedback and yep, she buys a lot of fashion. 

Last week I had someone buy a cushion cover and then send a message asking if I could change the colour of the piping as if the piping is something that gets glued on at the end! A look at her feedback and you guessed it, another fashion buyer.

Whenever I need to open a case for non-payment it is always for someone who buys a lot of clothes. Unlike most of my customers, who are really lovely, I often find fashion buyers to be quite agressive and don't seem to of heard of the words "please" and "thank you".

All I can say is, if you sell fashion, you deserve every cent you get because your customers make selling way more difficult then it already is.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Fashion Buyers

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Thanks very much for placing a label on those of us who buy clothes on ebay.

Somehow I do not think the sellers I deal with would agree with you.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

You know, as a fashion seller (who loves her customers), I could be snide and reply with something like I've never found any of my customers to be rude, demanding or unrealistic in their expectations, but that just may be because I'm able to meet or exceed their high standards.

But that would be rude, and insinuate something I've no right to assume. :8} ]:) ๐Ÿ˜›

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

I'm a little over the amount of posts bagging buyers lately , we do actually have a choice of shopping elsewhere if you'd prefer that ?

If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

flotsam-jetsom
Community Member

Well put, animecat2

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

As a Power Seller of women's clothing for many years, I must say, I deal with some of the nicest buyers on eBay. You get the occasional rude person, but it's rare.

If anything, I have buyers coming back again and again, and sometimes just dropping messages to say hello.

I wouldn't do this if I didn't like the people I dealt with and the kindness that is shown.

Kathryn

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

When you use the word fashion do you mean trakky daks or designer jeans? Or maybe all types of clothing?

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

I've never found any of my customers to be rude, demanding or unrealistic in their expectations, but that just may be because I'm able to meet or exceed their high standards.

and I totally agree with Kathryn too.. well said.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply