Fee structure for managed payments

This has all the information you need about the new fee structure.  

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/ebay-stores-selling-fees?id=4809

There's a link on the page for fees relating to non-stores, and another link showing fees for those not on managed payments (if you want to compare them to see how much better off you are).

Down the bottom it says that the fees that were in effect at the time you listed (or the listing renewed) are applicable when the item sells.  I'm not sure how that'd be worked out in the first month after you start on MP but within a month it'd be irrelevant.

Instead of paying 2.6% to paypal, ebay have mostly added 2.5% or less onto their fees, so there's a .1% savings for a start.  For some stores it's .2% or more, so for most people their fees should be lower (unless the 3c extra gst on the 30c fixed order fee is higher than the amount saved with the lower percentage on the fvf).

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Fee structure for managed payments

Having just cut over to managed payments this week I discovered a new hidden feature that isnt apparent in the communication.

eBay holds payments from sellers for 2 working days after the sale is made on eBay. Then the transfer is initiated to your chosen account taking 2-3 working days to arrive.

Not great for cash flow - especially when times are tough enough for businesses due to covid restrictions.

The good news (from eBay support team directly) - is that after a few weeks have passed I shouldn't notice delay. ??? As it will be just normal from then?

I usually don't complain - but really eBay?

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Re: Fee structure for managed payments

@oz_electronics_inc wrote:

The good news (from eBay support team directly) - is that after a few weeks have passed I shouldn't notice delay. ??? As it will be just normal from then?

I wondered this morning if it's actually a ready cash issue, in that things might get quicker in a few weeks time when they've built up a larger holding balance to disburse funds more quickly. (You'd think eBay would have this available anyway, but most of their value is not liquid, I warrant, and while I've been comparing them to other sites, who even use the same payment processor [Adyen], those sites and payment systems have been well established for years. There are some that hold on to funds for longer, as well, so while still not great compared to PayPal and a few others, it's preferable to mandatory 1-month holds before payouts). 

Of course, we can only speculate as it's nearly impossible to know how the funds are handled once a buyer pays (eg does Adyen just process the payments, or do they actually receive and hold funds, and if they do, how / when do they disburse them, I doubt we'll ever get insight to those workings). 

I have noticed Thursday's funds have started shifting over to "available" today, as well - I switched mine to weekly already anyway, so first payout for me will be Tuesday, which I expect will be funds from orders made Thursday - Saturday. 

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply