Feedback and DSRs as a tool for corrective action

Is it permitted, advisable, worthwhile, to contact buyers who leave low DSRs and ask them to elaborate on the reasons behind the low score, so that the information can be used to improve item descriptions in future?

Cheers,

Penny
Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Feedback and DSRs as a tool for corrective action

@saarzi wrote:
Thats weird. I have been contacting almost every buyer who leaves low stars for years. Ebay had been directly involved in several of those communications, and read the emails, and they have never said anything to me about it being against policy. Ive had many defects removed this way.
Basically I say to the buyer, I noticed you left positive comment with low stars, did you know that three or less stars causes a defect, and was it an accident, if so please let us know.. if it was left on purpose please let us know if theres anything we can do to improve our listings or service so we can provide the best experience for buyers in the future. Simples.

Maybe half of them say it was a mistake or that they didnt know it gave a defect, and thought thre stars meant "average".

I think Ebays concern there is sellers getting upset by a defect and being aggressive or unprofessional with the buyer.... not just questioning them altogether.

I think so, too, and I think the only time you'd get a slap would be if the buyer complained to eBay about you messaging them. If you're polite and civil about it, that's unlikely.

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

It looks like it may become a moot point soon anyway, see the new thread Changes are coming, feedback and DSRs will no longer trigger defects from Feb20 2016.  Guess I'll just let it go for now and hang in till then.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

I'm fed up with buyers leaving low DSRs for postage cost,I charge exactly what it costs for postage with ebays fee included,I don't post with free postage as there's no such thing.

Buyers know well what postage costs, but because ebay gives them a right to judge you on it then nothing stops them from doing it.

Do buyers actually expect us to post with free postage? yeh right turn it up.

Roll on 2016 Feb' 

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

I'm wondering if we'll still be able to identify the buyers who left low DSRs after the change. I blocked all but one buyer who left a low DSR and caused a defect. That one buyer contacted me about an issue, faulty product, which was resolved and ended in positive, but still low star for description and I figured that was fair enough, but all the rest were left without any contact from the buyer, no indication of any issues, except a couple of comments regarding size not being what they imagined. 

It makes me wonder how much of a contributing factor buyers being blocked at a much higher rate was to eBay's change to the system and whether we'll still have that option... But the way I always saw it, defect or not, and with the very minor exception of a couple of people who seem to think 1/5 is the best rating, everyone who rates low makes a deliberate choice to do so whether they understand the implications for the seller or not. I'm not interested in arguing with buyers about it, or defending myself to them, changing their mind or what have you, but nor am I interested in continuing a business relationship with people who'll rate low and give me absolutely no indication as to why (or if they do, their reasons are unacceptable to me). 

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

I spoke with eBay today on another matter and this was brought up in a round about way about February 2016 changes. I was told that after then Feedback and stars will have LITTLE impact on DSR's and other things that will be changing. My question then was if I get a low DSR on 30th Janurary 2016 will it be removed in February The CS Rep could not answer that. Does anyone know if the previous low DSR's will be removed or will they stay?

Crowsman

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply